“Good legacy carrier”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 22 September 2018

Relatively pain free experience, checking in, boarding and disembarkation were unremarkable. Flight kept to schedule

Date of travel: October 2017
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (9,714)

Reviewed 21 September 2018

I had bought two tickets for my daughter and I to take her to stay with her sister so that she could help to get over the loss of her husband, very recently. I also paid for a Sky Couch which was offered for my particular flights, not always the case ! Sadly, my daughter's doctor said she wasn't really ready to go on a long flight at that time and she did not travel with me. I had arranged the Sky Couch for the return journey as that is a night flight. I am disabled and always pay the extra for Preferred seating and prior to buying the more luxurious Sky Couch, I had done so, for both of us.
When I checked in at LAX and in spite of the fact that a full explanation had been given before I even left London and all the arrangements for a Ticket to be usable for 12 months for my daughter in lieu of her not travelling with me, I was told I could not have a Sky Couch and of course by this time I had no choice for a Preferred seat.
The seat I was given, an aisle, which I always prefer, had an armrest which did not raise for me to get out and the footrest kept coming out of its "unused" position therefore preventing me from getting out even less easily. I have a chronic spinal condition due to a car accident many years ago and when I was unfortunate enough to be seated in a row with a couple, the lady in the middle, wanted to get out all the time, at least six times, and the contorted position I had to use to get up and down to allow her to pass me was a source of increased pain. I explained to one of the Stewardess's what had happened and she tried to find me a seat which could have been more comfortable but the flight was full and there were no positions which would have improved my dreadful discomfort. The Stewardess was appalled when I explained what had happened at LAX and proceeded to take copies of all my documents which included the receipts for all extras paid as she said "this should not have happened, we often have passengers who have Sky Couches alone. In fact I have had one in the past therefore for me it was unfathomable. Since returning I have heard nothing from ANZ ! I know she sent in a report and I have made a written complaint. The awful thing for me is that I travel with ANZ at least twice a year as another of my daughters lives in Los Angeles and unless I go there I would not see her and her husband. I have always sung the praises of ANZ after travelling only with them for the trans Atlantic crossing for the last 10 years and I have never had a reason to complain, to the contrary, I have spread the word amongst all my friends and aquaintances on both sides of "the pond" that "they are the best".
Now I have a dilemma, do I show my disfavour by not travelling with them or pray that this was a "one off incident by an inexperienced person at the Check-in at LAX".I am very sad and in a lot of pain physically since the flight.

Date of travel: August 2018
Reviewed 21 September 2018

This was the first time we flew Air New Zealand. The plane was a 777 and very comfortable. It has full lie down seats and a good selections of entertainment. The crew was very accommodating and the food was good. Also they had the best fare to London.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

We were well informed about our flight being cancelled but, because we were very early, the Staff managed to book us on an earlier one.This suited us well.
Our travel with this Airline is always pleasant and the Staff are Friendly,Professional and accomodating.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

My first flight on Air New Zealand was a delight!
Flying business class always helps, but the new dream-liner jets are amazing, crew was fabulous, engaging and very polite. Fold down beds were really comfortable, and the selection of movies was enormous, with headphones that actual work. Selection of wine and food was also excellent. Overall a very enjoyable experience. As well, the safety induction video was perhaps the most professional and original I have ever seen on any airline.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)