“I could have been invisible.”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

As a Codeshare passenger it was quite difficult to see just what I was entitled to on the flight until actual check-in.
I found out I was not entitled to a meal, or movies without paying extra. This could only be achieved by credit card or voucher. This meant I could only get water or generic brown lukewarm fluid in a paper cup as I only had a debit card. In flight snacks were pretty much the only items available if you had not paid the higher fare for a "meal". So a pie, meagre sandwich, Pringles, M&Ms cookie, etc were it. This was despite the fact that hot meals were provided to full paying customers - there was not even an option for these meals for people who might have wished to buy them. The only option to get snacks was on the in-flight entertainment system. If you hadn't turned it on or missed the pop-up notification on screen you would have missed out, as the staff don't ask if you would like anything to eat.
I was offered water or tea once in the flight. On Virgin, at least you are offered a biscuit or similar with your tea/coffee/water. Since Virgin offer free food and drink on all flights, I did not think I would have to pay for a biscuit.
I felt like I was a third class passenger.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Second time of flying on Air New Zealand, another very good choice they were helpful at all times.the service on board was all that we had experienced on our first trip(that was in Economy) staff were great, food was as good as I have experienced (have made many Business flights on other airlines) Would recommend this airline to all.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Was on NZ40 from Auckland to Papeete on 4 Sep 2017 (NZ time).

The crew would make sure all passengers to watch the safety demo and checked carefully if your seatbelt was fastened. You could already sensed they have high safety standard.

I have ordered a Chardonnay during lunch. I am not good at drinking but would like to try a little that day.

Probably I drank too fast and I started not feeling well about half an hour later. I felt nauseous and need lie on the floor in front of the exit row. The flight attendant immediately noticed the issue and many of them helped to lift me up to the back row so that I could lie flat comfortably (and due to security reason).

Anita, acted so calmly & effectively to give orders on how to deal with the situation. I was given an oxygen mask according to their standard procedure. I was recovering within 30 mins after almost passing out. Some of the crew checked on me from time to time and I have regained my strength when landed Papeete.

I would like to thank Air NZ and this amazing crew (especially Anita and a gentleman with glasses) + apologize for all the inconvenience caused. Some passengers have also assisted and thank you too.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Outstanding airline, the best there is when it comes to service, welcoming flight attendants and experience on board.
Premium economy was a delight, the TV screen was a great size with your name welcoming your to the flight!
Food and friendly service was fantastic.
Wouldn't hesitate to fly with Air New Zealand they really are the best.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Flew domestic to Christchurch and then back to Auckland. Service was fantastic, crew on both flights very friendly. Will definitely fly with you again.