“Cancelled flight”
Review of Air India

Reviewed 11 June 2021

I booked my business class ticket directly with AI and they cancelled it and offered me a flight via Bangalore. Due to the covid situation there, I declined to transit via different airports and hence didn’t end up flying with them.
Despite of hours on the phone to customer service reps and several emails to various departments, they failed to give me a definite answer about my refund(even though it stated that refund will be processed within 7-21 working days. I understand the covid situation and it’s impact, but they could have send me an email explaining the delay for refund and ensuring the definite refund.
Thankfully, As I payed using my MasterCard, I ended up getting the refund through them. Still no response from air India.

Despite of the polite nature of the customer service reps, they didn’t have a clue to answer my questions and to clarify them. The English was very poor too and hence difficult to communicate efficiently.

I will not fly with them again.

Anu Schuetz

Date of travel: April 2021
1  Thank 132anu
Write a reviewReviews (8,041)

Reviewed 7 June 2021

Flight was cancelled due to covid. Took me 1year 3months to get my refund.

Lots of evasive answers and false Information from customer services when I asked about getting a refund. Had to take AirInda to the UK small claims court (Money Claim) before they would finally give me a refund.

Do not fly with Air India.

1  Thank morganhU9055IA
Reviewed 7 June 2021

Call on now 24×7 ....Any problems contact now and refund your money back to my house and I will be there at the same time I

Reviewed 6 June 2021

Selecting seats during booking is waste of time since you won't be able to get it. I was traveling with my 2 yr old. Myself and my son were given seats in different row with a vast difference. I have to fight with the ground staff to relocate my seats. Please don't expect any kind of service during the flight. Prepare for the worst.

Date of travel: October 2020
Reviewed 6 June 2021

They would not let me checkin at the airport even thou I had confirmation number and a web checkin boarding pass. At first they said my ticket is not confirmed so I called Air India customer service and they were like it’s all good, I should be able checkin and board. I told that to the Air India staff at the airport. So then they changed their reasoning and were like this is Vandebharat and not Air India. I don’t remember booking for Vandebharat, AirIndia made that change on their end without consulting. So I requested to do any type of accommodation but nobody at the airport or their customer service offered any kind of help. They made us run from one place to another and even thou they had office there, they were like office is not here but some place far. Then, I called United since my connecting flight was with United Airline after multiple tries, I was able get United to talk to Air India and United was able to get us a solution. Guess what? AirIndia has another flight 45 mins after this flight to same destination, they just didn’t wanted to help me out. United Airlines customer service agent was able to help us book that other flight with AirIndia and I was able to get on that flight. Thank you to customer service agent from united or else I would have had to just go back and book entirely new flight. He was kind enough to help us even thou it was an error on Airindia end.

AirIndia did not take even slightest responsibility in all this. Worst airline and worst airport workers ever. Eventhou AirIndia customer service agents were not rude, they provided zero help or support. Never taking that flight ever again, I wish I rate then in a negative number.

2  Thank 988dhruvap
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.