“Worst customer service”
Review of Air India

Reviewed 6 June 2021

Selecting seats during booking is waste of time since you won't be able to get it. I was traveling with my 2 yr old. Myself and my son were given seats in different row with a vast difference. I have to fight with the ground staff to relocate my seats. Please don't expect any kind of service during the flight. Prepare for the worst.

Date of travel: October 2020
Write a reviewReviews (8,074)

Reviewed 6 June 2021

They would not let me checkin at the airport even thou I had confirmation number and a web checkin boarding pass. At first they said my ticket is not confirmed so I called Air India customer service and they were like it’s all good, I should be able checkin and board. I told that to the Air India staff at the airport. So then they changed their reasoning and were like this is Vandebharat and not Air India. I don’t remember booking for Vandebharat, AirIndia made that change on their end without consulting. So I requested to do any type of accommodation but nobody at the airport or their customer service offered any kind of help. They made us run from one place to another and even thou they had office there, they were like office is not here but some place far. Then, I called United since my connecting flight was with United Airline after multiple tries, I was able get United to talk to Air India and United was able to get us a solution. Guess what? AirIndia has another flight 45 mins after this flight to same destination, they just didn’t wanted to help me out. United Airlines customer service agent was able to help us book that other flight with AirIndia and I was able to get on that flight. Thank you to customer service agent from united or else I would have had to just go back and book entirely new flight. He was kind enough to help us even thou it was an error on Airindia end.

AirIndia did not take even slightest responsibility in all this. Worst airline and worst airport workers ever. Eventhou AirIndia customer service agents were not rude, they provided zero help or support. Never taking that flight ever again, I wish I rate then in a negative number.

Date of travel: June 2021
2  Thank 988dhruvap
Reviewed 5 June 2021

Air India is not refunding my amount from last 1.5 months. Customer service is worst. AIR INDIA is a BIG BLACK SPOT of airline industry. Being a national airline they are least concerned about their travelers.

Date of travel: May 2021
2  Thank Buddingmind
Reviewed 4 June 2021

I experienced the exact same thing. Its been over a month and whenever i call them regarding the refund they keep on forwarding calls and at the end theres no answer as such. Pretty annoying.

Date of travel: April 2021
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 3 June 2021

I generally don't curse anyone to the extent that I want something bad to happen to that particular individual/company/organization etc. but Air India tops in my list. I was tempted to book the non-stop flight from SFO to BLR and I booked the trip to India in April but soon it turned into a disastrous experience for me. I didn't get my RT-PCR test result on time so Air India didn't allow me to board the flight. Least they could do is put me on the next flight which typically runs half empty due as not many people prefer travelling during the pandemic. Air India was adamant about their so called policy and didn't offer to help. Customer service is so bad that the folks on the line aren't even trained enough to understand the situation. Talk to a new person you get a new perspective of their policy. I had to rebook my trip at my own expense after spending a night at a hotel. Sadly, I had no other option but take Air India that day. I board the flight and get seated and I notice the seating area hasn't been cleaned even. This is probably a time where cleanliness is at its peak and Air India just doesn't care! The infotainment doesn't work. Feels like its running on a Windows 95 OS and just struggles to boot. One can only dream of having a good time on this flight. Now I have a return flight with them and I am desperate to cancel it and needless to say Air India will introduce all sorts of fees to loot its customers even in times where there is travel ban or other pressing issues. Apparently you won't even be getting any communication once you request for refund. Why? Because Air India's "policy" says so!! Business is important but customers aren't. Shame on you Air India. You shall get out of this business sooner or later.

Date of travel: April 2021
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank sachink852
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.