“WORST FLIGHT EXPERIENCE EVER”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 18 June 2024

Terrible just terrible whe had to fly with them twice SFO to CDG and then again CDG to IST the first flight was okay it was quite Turbelenty but the food was terrible we thought it would be deliscous because well its France but they served us some weird bland pasta that clumped up with some disgusting sauce 1/10 for food also at the end of the flight some attendent got mad at one passenger whose dog was stickig its head out of its carrier, service 3/10 then we landed the landing was bumpy but was not too bad landing 5/10 flight 1 food 1/10 service 3/10 landing 5/10 now the second flight was even worse after running around CDG we found our gate and I sat down to look at my phone before boarding starts boarding starts and we all get on then the plane drives out on the runway and right before we takeoff the pilot says dear passengers the plane is broken please wait while we prepare a new one this delay will last about 2 hours thats what they said but the delay lasted 6 hoursthere was one flight attendent that was walking arounf but he was not helping too much he was just saying talk to these guys talk to those guys email these people email those people finally we get on the second plane and try to imagine what happened next a ladder fell on the plane the pilot says dear passengers a ladder has fell on the plane and has damaged the fuesalge please wait while we repair it so I slept for the 2 hours it took them to repair the plane and take off just uneceptable the landing was fine i guess but it I was to tired from all of this drama to notice how smooth or hard it was flight 2 no food fine landing and bad service 1/10 but we also missed a connecting flight to Russia to see elderly relatives so we had to book another one and arrive one day later now we are in russia and are demanding that they compensate us and they say no we now have to send them an official EU arcticle stating that they must compensate us

2  Thank Anna C

Reviewed 18 June 2024

Beware of the scam at CDG Airport. We purchased tickets in advance with Air France that included 2 checked bags. When we dropped the bags and proceeded to Security Check they randomly weighted my carryon and told me that I was 2 Kilos overweight and needed to check it in. It cost me an additional 70 euros for something that could have been avoided. Clearly there were other passengers that had oversized and overweighted carry on luggage that were not checked. Perhaps it was based on if we appeared to be tourists? Upon check in, the attendant never asked to weight my carry on or told us there may be a random check. Our checked bags were underweight and we could’ve easily transferred some of things to our suitcase. I’ve used many airlines and have never encountered this type of service. When we reached out to Air France they refused to reimburse us the additional charge. This is the first and last time I will fly with this Airline as this was a very stressful experience that almost caused us to miss our flight.

1  Thank Maurizio C
Reviewed 18 June 2024

This is our 2nd year of traveling to Europe, both trips return was via Air France.

Both times the experience was not the best.

Last year when our flights were transferred from another airline to Air France- Air France dropped our connection from Barcelona to Paris. we spent 2 hours while on a cruise doing a chat to get connections booked at the cost of over 100 for the chat.

The seats were admittedly economy, but It was Ridiculous how close together the seats were.

Luggage was left in Barcelona.

This year, Venice to Paris, the flight was delayed over 1.5 hours, we were told it was air traffic controller strike.

We arrived in Paris with 15 minutes to get to gate. We made it through customs and to the gate no more than 5 minutes after original gate closure. There were at least 15 passengers impacted. When we arrived at the gate the attendants were still there- but the gate was closed.

The attendant and customer service informed us it was the captain’s decision not to wait, but the plain sat at the gate for at least 15 minutes after scheduled take off and then sat on the runway near the gate for at least another 15 minutes.

The captain has the manifest and knows there were several ppl delayed.

We were put up at a low end hotel, had to purchase toiletries for the evening, one of the couples on our group found roaches in the room during the night.

The next day, our flight was delayed over 30 minutes because passengers from connecting flight were delayed.

Again luggage left behind for one in our party.

Although the flight attendants were gracious, the administrative policies are below par.

The website does not give contact info- had to search and only found via newspaper travel columnist.

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank marianneandjohnd
Reviewed 17 June 2024

AVOID. This company sells tickets with less than 1 h. to transfer between terminals meanwhile CDG airport has an INSANE 90 min + transfer time and they know it! They will transfer you to a different plane like it is normal. Forget the car rental at destination you already paid for or the hotel. Bunch of smiling faces.

1  Thank Escape56105433690
Reviewed 17 June 2024

I was looking forward to this flight, but the overall experience really underwealmed, and the luggage issue was... BAD. (I'll explain).
First, the lounge set up in Mexico City for Air France sucks. As to the flight, the A350-900 is a very nice aircraft, but the amenities did not impress. The pillow and blanket were cheap. The service was ok and the attendants were friendly but it still seemed like it as "phoned in". The beef (steak dish), was cool, bland, and just bad. The eggs in the morning was better. What really made this trip a bad experience was the fact that Air France chose to overload cargo on this flight and had to leave off ALL passenger luggage. ( You heard me). That meant bags, pets, etc. We were not told. When we arrived in Paris we were advised that no bags had been loaded because the plane would have been overweight. EVERYONE had to submit a claim. I felt bad for those in the back of coach that would have been in a long line. What made it worse was that they did not update their system so even though they did get the bags out the next evening the claim was not updated til about 4 hours before my bag was delivered to my hotel at 10PM the evening of the next day. I was leaving for Marseille the following morning and wondering if I'd have a bag. If you want to track your bag, either get a GPS tag or fly another airline.
I had to buy a hoodie and some minimal items (socks, etc.), and it was raining in Paris. I used the credit card tranactions to file claim and they didn't want to accept (keep store receipts unless they get ruined!). They compensated me a portion out of it. Just a bad experience.

Date of travel: May 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.