“Worst airline experience lost bags for 2 days”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 3 June 2024

We flew on our honeymoon to Paris. the plane was really dilapidated and food was awful. Got to Paris and our bags were missing. We went to the desk where at first someone turned us away and then we got someone else to help us. Not only did they loose our bag, but they missed the delivery to our hotel! We left Paris to go to Marseille so they had to route our bags there. The straw that broke the camels back was that they said they would deliver it to our hotel but then did not, so we had to take a $70 taxi to the airport to go get the bag. Never will I fly this airline again.

Reviewed 3 June 2024

I just wanted to share with you my disappointment concerning the bad experience I had today with Air France-KLM, which still charges exorbitant fees (240 euros) just to take a <3kg puppy under my seat. There is no reason they should charge more for a pet than for supplementary luggage. In the end, for a 1h30 flight from Ams to Lyon, my dog will cost more than my ticket. (I paid 188 euros roundtrip; he costs 240 euros).
In addition to the excessive charges, I had a very poor experience with their customer service. I had to contact the customer service team three times to address my issue JUST to add my pet!. During my first call, my request was misunderstood, and my dog's weight was mistakenly recorded as 250 kg, leading to the cancellation of my request for the return flight. Despite this error, I received no follow-up communication via email or phone from Air France.
Each call required me to take 15-20 minutes out of my workday just to wait for an agent to respond. The second time I called, I was instructed to call back 48 hours later. It is unreasonable to expect customers to repeatedly take time out of their busy schedules to resolve such issues.
To boycott, I invite you to systematically write a complaint whenever you have to take your animal with you and pay such a price. I hope it will help change the mentality. If needed, I am pasting here some paragraphs that can help you write your complaint:
"It is important to highlight that such exorbitant fees for traveling with pets contribute to the abandonment of animals, as many pet owners might not afford these additional costs. According to Article 13 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU), animals are sentient beings, and the welfare requirements of animals should be respected. Charging such high fees and providing inadequate service does not align with this principle and discourages responsible pet ownership.
I kindly request that you review this matter and consider adjusting your pet travel policies to be more reasonable and accommodating. Additionally, I urge you to improve your customer service processes to prevent such frustrating experiences in the future. Lowering these fees and enhancing service quality would not only support animal welfare but also enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty."
I know it takes time for you guys, but I think the more we do it, the more these companies will understand the urgency of changing their policies on animal welfare.
So... thank you all !

• In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 3 June 2024

First, when we tried to get our boarding passes online, we probably spent at least 2 hours. My husband was finally able to get his boarding passes added to his phone wallet, but I could not, and a message appeared that said I had to get them in person at the airport. We have never had so much difficulty getting boarding passes in the past. Usually it just takes us a few minutes. Next, the seats were extremely tight. The flights were on time, which was great. The crew was wonderful. The cabin was really warm. Also, there was mixed messaging as to whether we should get the KLM app or not, and I even heard people at the airport asking if they needed to find KLM or if it was an Air France flight. The main problem for me was the problems with their website and getting boarding passes. We had our flight number and all the information we needed, but it was a difficult system for both of us. I am not the best when it comes to stuff like that, but my husband is an expert, and he was having a lot of difficulty.

Date of travel: May 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 2 June 2024

Flew Air France today Paris, Orly to Bastia, Corsica.
Chose AF over cheaper airlines as we have 2 larger checked bags as are travelling from Australia for nearly 5 weeks in Europe.
Flight was at 12.25pm. Arrived at the airport at 10.25am to be faced with an almost one hour Air France bag drop queue. Once we achieved this enormous hurdle we were then faced with another 45 minutes queueing for security. We have been in five airports worldwide in the last two weeks and this was total chaos. Ended up having to run from security ( where our hand luggage bag was held up due to containing an iPad which no other country had any security issues with) to the departure gate with minutes to spare. We were the last people to board the full flight before the gate closed.
Expensive and extremely stressful experience.
In hindsight we should have booked with Transavia who looked to have a very professional queue free checkin area.
I will avoid ever flying Air France again!
Luckily we are flying Air Corsica when we leave. I hope they have better customer service.

Reviewed 1 June 2024

Terrible airline
Business class seats are economy seats with a separator . Food is awful and delays are just a Normal routine.
DO NOT BOOK

Date of travel: May 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.