“Tight seats and we spent about 2 hours trying to get boarding passes online, never got mine”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 3 June 2024

First, when we tried to get our boarding passes online, we probably spent at least 2 hours. My husband was finally able to get his boarding passes added to his phone wallet, but I could not, and a message appeared that said I had to get them in person at the airport. We have never had so much difficulty getting boarding passes in the past. Usually it just takes us a few minutes. Next, the seats were extremely tight. The flights were on time, which was great. The crew was wonderful. The cabin was really warm. Also, there was mixed messaging as to whether we should get the KLM app or not, and I even heard people at the airport asking if they needed to find KLM or if it was an Air France flight. The main problem for me was the problems with their website and getting boarding passes. We had our flight number and all the information we needed, but it was a difficult system for both of us. I am not the best when it comes to stuff like that, but my husband is an expert, and he was having a lot of difficulty.

Reviewed 2 June 2024

Flew Air France today Paris, Orly to Bastia, Corsica.
Chose AF over cheaper airlines as we have 2 larger checked bags as are travelling from Australia for nearly 5 weeks in Europe.
Flight was at 12.25pm. Arrived at the airport at 10.25am to be faced with an almost one hour Air France bag drop queue. Once we achieved this enormous hurdle we were then faced with another 45 minutes queueing for security. We have been in five airports worldwide in the last two weeks and this was total chaos. Ended up having to run from security ( where our hand luggage bag was held up due to containing an iPad which no other country had any security issues with) to the departure gate with minutes to spare. We were the last people to board the full flight before the gate closed.
Expensive and extremely stressful experience.
In hindsight we should have booked with Transavia who looked to have a very professional queue free checkin area.
I will avoid ever flying Air France again!
Luckily we are flying Air Corsica when we leave. I hope they have better customer service.

Date of travel: June 2024
Reviewed 1 June 2024

Terrible airline
Business class seats are economy seats with a separator . Food is awful and delays are just a Normal routine.
DO NOT BOOK

Reviewed 1 June 2024

Air France was a real disappointment. Our flight left late but arrived on time (good), but the seats were unusually angled, so both awkward and exposed, the cabin service was average, the entertainment was average and the meals and other alternatives were unexciting.

The worst was the luggage. Our one bag did not arrive. That happens, and at CDG the service to report the missing bag was quick and straightforward. Then came the horrendous problems. Despite promises that the bag would be located and delivered within at worst 48 hours, it was not delivered after 48 hours. An email said it had been located somewhere in the world. Calls to the Air France helpline received sympathy and brush-offs, although they took down the address for delivery after days 1 -3. The WhatsApp bots were just the same: standard expressions of sympathy, and no answers on when anything might happen

We were reassured that we would be contacted before the bag was delivered, but on Day 5 we received an SMS from Chronopost (had to look them up) out of the blue with a case number. Using that data we found a website that said we had to call a specific number in office hours, and that way we found the bag had been delivered to the hotel we were staying on the day of arrival for our S. Air France's WhatsApp and helpline said they could do nothing - it was not their problem because they had hand-fobbed it off to some other firm.

Two French nationals helped us by calling the number and speaking to the service, but were told that the only possible outcome was delivery to the Day 1 hotel. We had to accept it, so almost a week after leaving we arranged for the bag to be collected from the Day 1 hotel (at our cost...) when it was delivered as promised on Day 7...but it simply was not delivered. No excuses.

Days 8 and 9 were a weekend, and no-one would do anything.

The bag was delivered to the Day 1 hotel on Day 10, even though Air France had been given and duly recorded details of the hotels on later days (with promises that the delivery address would be updated...)

We lodged a claim for the few items we had bought out of necessity. I did not want to put bank account details down on a hotel wifi (and did not have the IBAN numbers, as Australia does not use them), so I lodged a claim as directed... which Air France declared pen by providing a reference number, then promptly closed!!

Over the next three weeks not a single one of my perhaps 20 emails, WhatsApp requests or web-based requests for updates or assistance was answered. However, I did receive almost daily requests to fill out a survey to rate their social media. What a terribly unfunny joke!

Once back in Australia, I rang Air France on a number hidden away in one form. It was the number for tour operators, but the person who answered was good enough to give me the number for the desk handling baggage claims. That desk is open 3 hours a day, 5 days a week (more terrible service), but when i finally found someone they actually helped, and within 24 hours I had another form email promising expenses would be paid if receipts were fully itemised.

I am not holding my breath. Air France has no ethics. It has failed in providing any other form of assistance, and blathered away about being sorry while doing absolutely nothing. Why would it honour a promise to pay?

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 31 May 2024

Air France lost my luggage on a connecting flight. Unf@#$ing believable!! It's supposed to come in on a connecting flight. And I'm supposed to trust that they'll find it, and deliver it to my hotel. But some of my favorite cloths were that bag. The first order of business is to buy some new underwear to tide me over, lol!

But this is all top of what was a terrible experience. My check-in experience with Air France was horrible. I had all the paperwork to skip a longer queue. I'd already digitally checked in and printed a boarding pass. But the agent directed me to the wrong line and made me wait an additional half hour just to drop off my suitcase. So from initial check in, to delays at departure, Air France's operations were just abysmal. I will never fly with Air France again.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.