“Pros, cons and advices on my experience of great airline and great staff!!”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

PROS
* Good fine international airline
* Good clean airplane
* Good service and good food
* Good entertainment
* Fantastic helpful caring on line telephone staff
* Very respectable price for multileg journey of TLV-CDG-IAD-CDG-TLV

CONS
CDG airport is big but signage is OK

"I VISITED THIS PLACE"...
... because I wanted to go to Paris to visit the Musee d'Orsay for the 150th commemoration of the impressionist art exhibitions, and then to continue to Washington DC.

This airline offered the best price and a nonstop flight for each segment.

The telephone staff were incredibly useful and helpful. The airplane staff also.

The flight left on time and arrived on time.

The middle section aisle seat that I secured was good, except for the one person next to me, who coughed with sputum the entire time, but I wore a mask and decided that this elderly somewhat unkempt man had a chronic bronchitis which was not infectious, and I did not get sick.

WAS IT WORTH THE COST?
It most certainly was

WOULD "I VISIT THIS PLACE" AGAIN?
Yes- this is a preferred airline for me and I enjoy going to Paris

ADVICE
* Consider this airline
* Join the "Flying Blue" and get credit for KLM activity too, and maybe also ITA

Date of travel: March 2024
5  Thank Ivisitedtheplace

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just awful. Missing luggage. 2 bags 2 days late 3rd bag ? Customer service could care less. We will never board an Air France flight again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

this is not worth the price!
-terrible service
-disturbing drunk passenger
-staff where ignoring me
-bad food (the catering was from Dubai)
-toxic flight crew
-very rough landing

Date of travel: January 2024
1  Thank Cruiser62505793232
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We flew Business Class from CDG to LAX. It was a disappointing experience. Announcements in English were barely comprehensible, from the Captain to the flight attendants. Why can’t they speak slowly in English when they have such heavy accents?

Seats were quite hard and it was comfortable only when fully reclined. The seat cushions had the feel of economy seating.

Service was above average, so kudos to the flight attendants for their smiles and professionalism. Beverages and food were sub-standard. I was looking forward to their Pommard Champagne, but it was at room temperature pre-departure and during the flight. The same for white wine. I asked the flight attendant about it and he just said “desole, monsieur”. This was a real bummer for me. Why can’t they pre-chill these items which are so iconically French? For lunch we started with an appetizer of a tiny maybe 2” square plate of cream cheese, hazelnut and pine nut crumble. It was disgusting. Would have preferred nuts. The Shrimp Starter was bland. I selected the Crab and Shrimp Ravioles with Breton curry sauce. The “raviole” was one big ravioli (odd) vs the little square ones I’m used to, and it did not have a heavy seafood taste. The only thing that saved the dish was the wonderful curry sauce. Prior to arrival we had Chicken fillet with tomato sauce, a dish that was fairly dry. The bread roll was hard and dry, obviously past its prime. The disappointing “dessert” was a Madeleine sponge cake which was a dry spongy mess.

Overall, we were disappointed in the onboard seating experience, the food, and the Champagne and white wine served at room temperature.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Copenhagen-Paris 16th May. 2024 on a A320. Checked in on-line but to no avail, as luggage has to be checked in anyway. Check in refused to transfer my luggage to the next leg of journey, which was extremely inconvenient for transit in Paris and costed me at least an hour of extra struggle. Previously, AF in CPH often checked in my luggage to final destination. However, this service is obviously unpredictable, depending on who sits at the counter. The station manager tried and even took over the checking in. However, eventually she declined as she failed to identify any AF agreement with the concerned (next) airline: Rwandair. Boarding smooth, full flight; on time; luggage arrived well in Paris. Onboard, given emergency seat, fast track. Given access to “Apartment lounge” in Copenhagen due to FB status. This lounge is not worldclass, but is nowadays likely the best in CPH airport concerning food and drinks. Onboard, no free WiFi and no IFE. FAs were good and provided two rounds of cold sandwiches and most sorts of drinks. Wines were acceptable. Respected by FAs as Flying Blue gold card holder and I was well catered for. Could have rated much higher if they would have accepted checking in my luggage beyond Paris.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.