“Awful Air France”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 17 May 2024

The single worst airline in the world.
Rude staff.
Crap food.
Cramped conditions.
Dirty.
Hard flat seats.
Lost luggage.
If they could get it wrong, they got it wrong
Avoid this airline at all costs

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank Stephen B

Reviewed 16 May 2024

The food and the service was okay - the worst part was that we had an hour delay and wouldn’t have our connecting flight have 30 min delay we wouldn’t get the flight. Also after asking the crew if the connecting gate were close by, they said it’s “just” 20min “walk”. But we had to drive the train, skipped the line in the security and passport check and we were running for the way between this points and we still needed 20 min. Means would we “just walked” then we would have needed for this whole gate switch 1 to 1,5 h

The information of the AirFrance crew was more than just helpless and they were not wanted to call the another flight to make them wait - the comment was “if you not get there in time, then it is what it is”

I will for sure not recommend this disrespect behavior and airline.

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 16 May 2024

Total waste of money to use this company. Especially booked air france and paid 120 euro more to avoid 2 separate tickets from 2 companies. Then they have the flight carried out by one of their budget sister companies with a crappy plane that couldn't depart due to technical problems. Missed connecting flight. No service whatsoever. Arrived 4 hours late to a meeting on a total travel time of 3 hours. No compensation, nothing. Had been better of driving the car.

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank Jos K
Reviewed 14 May 2024

My wife and I paid over $8,000 for business class tickets to Auckland from LAX. We reserved our seats a month ahead of time, sitting next to one another. When we checked in, I had been moved by 7 rows. The reason being that there was a disabled person who needed to sit next to his companion. I am 100% good with changing seats for this, but why on earth did they separate two people who were on the same ticket (record locator), with the same last name, who were sitting next to one another???? Why not move two strangers who were next to each other???

I sent in a complaint via their website and was told that their rules allowed them to do this and that I was owed no compensation. I never asked for compensation - why on earth would they go out of their way to tell me that they assigned zero value to this issue. Thanks, Air France.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 13 May 2024

I recently took a trip from Marseille to Paris, then to Singapore and finally to Sydney. Unfortunately, my suitcase appears to have been misplaced during transit at the Singapore airport due to an agent's error. When I arrived in Sydney, my suitcase was declared lost. For the past seven days, I have been making enormous efforts to contact the two airlines, Air France and Qantas, who are passing the blame on each other without taking any proactive action to find my suitcase. The only compensation I have received so far is a basic necessities kit containing a T-shirt, a toothbrush and a razor. I feel abandoned without advice or follow-up on the progress of my claim for over a week. This way of treating customers is unacceptable! I have a wedding in Australia for which I need my clothes contained in my suitcase. I am extremely frustrated by this situation and by the lack of professionalism displayed by the company.
Looking forward to a prompt and proactive response from you regarding this unpleasant situation.

Date of travel: April 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.