“Bagage perdu lors de mon vol avec escales”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 13 May 2024

I recently took a trip from Marseille to Paris, then to Singapore and finally to Sydney. Unfortunately, my suitcase appears to have been misplaced during transit at the Singapore airport due to an agent's error. When I arrived in Sydney, my suitcase was declared lost. For the past seven days, I have been making enormous efforts to contact the two airlines, Air France and Qantas, who are passing the blame on each other without taking any proactive action to find my suitcase. The only compensation I have received so far is a basic necessities kit containing a T-shirt, a toothbrush and a razor. I feel abandoned without advice or follow-up on the progress of my claim for over a week. This way of treating customers is unacceptable! I have a wedding in Australia for which I need my clothes contained in my suitcase. I am extremely frustrated by this situation and by the lack of professionalism displayed by the company.
Looking forward to a prompt and proactive response from you regarding this unpleasant situation.

Date of travel: April 2024

Reviewed 12 May 2024

As an Airline Pilot myself, I understand the frustration that comes with passengers bringing a large quantity of baggage. I also understand the reason airlines prefer less bags and charge for additional weight/pieces. As I booked my parents standby to and from India, we didn't know in advance what airline they would be returning with(along with baggage restrictions) based on loads, until shortly before their return. The issue in this circumstance is that they were charged a total of $980 Canadian for 2 legs which we believe is an unreasonable amount. It appears that Air France has decided to just charge whatever they want to maximize profit with little regard for customer service and a positive experience for guests, especially ones travelling interline.
Here is the experience from my parents point of view:
Our trip with Air France started in Delhi, India where we were booked to fly to Paris and then to Vancouver on 29th Feb, 2024
Although the Staff at Indian Airport was very friendly, they did charge for extra suitcases for me and my wife, from Delhi to Vancouver at $120 CAD each.
We each had a cabin briefcase and a personal item with us which was allowed without any issue.
Interestingly my itinerary mentioned the flight departure at 1:45 AM as well as the online check-in, but the boarding pass indicated the time as 5:15 AM.
I confirmed the flight time by calling Air France office in Delhi and confirmed the time as 5:15 AM which means that my connecting flight from Paris to Vancouver was no longer an option for me. The Paris-Vancouver flight was already departing by the time we reached Paris.
Our son booked us to Vancouver via Los Angeles through Air France and then through WestJet from Los Angeles to Vancouver.
The customer service at Paris Airport was the worst we have ever seen. No one was really ready to talk to you if you didn't speak French. While booking our luggage again at Paris to Los Angeles , we were asked to pay for 2nd suitcase again. We showed them the paper that we have already paid for the extra suitcase at Delhi Airport so they let us go.
While going through the line for security check we were directed to another place and asked to weigh cabin case and personal bag together and were told that the weight is more than 12kg so we have to go back and book the cabin cases. We tried to explain that we are interline standby travelers and we are already connecting through an Air France flight where it was not an issue, but the person there was not ready to listen to us nor was he talking to us in English. He just kept pushing us to go and book our cabin bags.
We had to go back and book our cabin briefcases and they charged us an excessive amount for that (240 Euro for each of the 2 cabin briefcases)
We wanted to talk to someone and raise our concerns but no one was ready to talk to us or listen to us , probably because we were English speaking.

As someone in the industry, I believe it would be hard to justify this amount. I look forward to your response and a chance for Air France to show they do value fairness and most importantly, customer service.

After filing a complaint on their website, AF has been having us jump through hoops, utilizing delay tactics and refusal to allow communication with a supervisor. The claim is still pending with no real response.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 12 May 2024

Terrible experience with Air France. Have tried to book flights for my elderly parents using their senior pass. My mum's pass is not recognised when I book online. I have called the senior pass team, sent them screenshot etc. They never replied. The worst was that I called the helpline to book over the phone, I was told that they could not book the flights over the phone, someone else told me I should book my mum's and dad's flight separetely for the senior pass to work online (which is completely untrue and did not change anything).... multiple phone calls, different answers, until I eventually heavily insisted to get the booking done over the phone...Almost spent an hour , managed to get the flights with the senior fares but still had to pay the extra-fees for over-the-phone booking. I was supposed to receive the tickets by email after paying online, did not receive them. I had to call them again a week later and they eventually sent me the tickets. Then I realised I didn't book the travel insurance, called them 3 times during the day; again various excuses from different staff (one said they had a technical issues-after keeping me waiting many times and promised someone would call me back from the support, it never happened. Called again, I was told to call Allianz and was promised they were open which was not true, and the third person said I could not because I didn't have a booking and later said, that I could not because I already had my tickets...A nightmare. Avoid this company. The customer service is a disaster. No one has any clue what they are doing. Moreover, they absolutely don't care about you.

Reviewed 10 May 2024

Was a good flight. The staff was nice and the food was okay. The leg room was as expected and everything worked well. Would recommend.

Reviewed 9 May 2024

Our trip was planned months ago. I booked PRemium Economy seats through Delta who then assigned us to an Air France flight. Our flight to Paris was OK, but coming home our troubles started with the gate agent who neglected to tell us our "assigned" seats were not available and he changed us to stand by status. We had no clue until it was time to baord our flight. Then we are told that one of our seats is "broken" and there are no more premium economy seats available. So I let my friend have the original unbroken assigned seat and I opted for economy (it was that or stay in Paris :() Then my friend is assigned a totally different premium seat instead of the window seat she wanted sitting with me. She is placed next to a rude man who made the flight uncomfortable. I move to economy.
Then my friend notices people are sitting in the seats that my email confirmation listed as ours! So now I feel I was blatantly lied to. If it were not for physical disabilities we would gladly fly economy but her knees and my asthma are both limiting conditions- so we pay the extra to have space.

Another additional affront occurred when the gate agent was in the middle of helping us when a male demanded attention immediately and she dropped us to deal with him.

I could add more, but suffice it to say they are an unreliable airline with cold, uncaring employees

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.