“Avoid this company, one of the worst customer services I ever experienced”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 12 May 2024

Terrible experience with Air France. Have tried to book flights for my elderly parents using their senior pass. My mum's pass is not recognised when I book online. I have called the senior pass team, sent them screenshot etc. They never replied. The worst was that I called the helpline to book over the phone, I was told that they could not book the flights over the phone, someone else told me I should book my mum's and dad's flight separetely for the senior pass to work online (which is completely untrue and did not change anything).... multiple phone calls, different answers, until I eventually heavily insisted to get the booking done over the phone...Almost spent an hour , managed to get the flights with the senior fares but still had to pay the extra-fees for over-the-phone booking. I was supposed to receive the tickets by email after paying online, did not receive them. I had to call them again a week later and they eventually sent me the tickets. Then I realised I didn't book the travel insurance, called them 3 times during the day; again various excuses from different staff (one said they had a technical issues-after keeping me waiting many times and promised someone would call me back from the support, it never happened. Called again, I was told to call Allianz and was promised they were open which was not true, and the third person said I could not because I didn't have a booking and later said, that I could not because I already had my tickets...A nightmare. Avoid this company. The customer service is a disaster. No one has any clue what they are doing. Moreover, they absolutely don't care about you.

Reviewed 10 May 2024

Was a good flight. The staff was nice and the food was okay. The leg room was as expected and everything worked well. Would recommend.

Reviewed 9 May 2024

Our trip was planned months ago. I booked PRemium Economy seats through Delta who then assigned us to an Air France flight. Our flight to Paris was OK, but coming home our troubles started with the gate agent who neglected to tell us our "assigned" seats were not available and he changed us to stand by status. We had no clue until it was time to baord our flight. Then we are told that one of our seats is "broken" and there are no more premium economy seats available. So I let my friend have the original unbroken assigned seat and I opted for economy (it was that or stay in Paris :() Then my friend is assigned a totally different premium seat instead of the window seat she wanted sitting with me. She is placed next to a rude man who made the flight uncomfortable. I move to economy.
Then my friend notices people are sitting in the seats that my email confirmation listed as ours! So now I feel I was blatantly lied to. If it were not for physical disabilities we would gladly fly economy but her knees and my asthma are both limiting conditions- so we pay the extra to have space.

Another additional affront occurred when the gate agent was in the middle of helping us when a male demanded attention immediately and she dropped us to deal with him.

I could add more, but suffice it to say they are an unreliable airline with cold, uncaring employees

Reviewed 9 May 2024

My partner and I flew AF I may business class
A couple of things
1 the food was excellent
2 the two staff who looked after the 12 travellers in business class were so attentive
A big shout out to Philippe who was lovely to my partner as she is not a good flyer

Thank Scottish Travel... A
Reviewed 8 May 2024

JAN 2024 UPDATE: After months and months of hassling with Air France, I finally contacted the Better Business Bureau in New York where Air France has a listing. I submitted all the documentation and VOILA, 3 weeks later Air France responded and said I did have a valid claim and oh look we will send payment. Amazing after they told me I didn’t have a valid claim. Don’t give up if you have a claim, they will ghost you in hopes you will give up but luckily the BBB was such a helpful organization! I still won’t be flying Air France again.
———————————————————-
ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Absolutely horrible customer service and no way to contact the claims department after illegally denying a valid claim. They use run-around and ignore tactics so they do not have to pay. I am sad to say this is the worst airline I have ever encountered. Even Spirit gets bags to where I am going.

We checked two bags for a trip to Paris with a layover in Heathrow. Both bags were lost in Heathrow. One bag was delivered 4 days into the trip. The 2nd bag was returned to our home 3 weeks later (which we are grateful we actually got it back, from what I am reading from the lost luggage of Air France FB page - check it out for real). But that was only because my husband went to CDG and spent 2 hours there with the lost luggage department and had them track it down in Heathrow (which was at the end of the trip and then it got sent home). This is after spending our entire two week vacation buying clothes, shoes, doing laundry, and spending hours calling AF every day to get a status update.

We submitted the claim online as we were instructed to in order to be reimbursed for all the expenses. The claim was quickly denied because they say it was made more than the 21 allowed time frame from when the bag was delivered. Very conveniently for them they only looked at the first bag. We then respond with the information about the 2nd bag, submit all the documentation (which had already been provided). This is where they ghost you. Once the claim is closed that is it. Nothing you do will get you to anyone that can help you. The phone number which has an option for “check the status of your claim”, one would think that would take you to the claims department, it does not, it takes you to reservations, and they cannot do anything about the claim except for “put a note” on it and there are no supervisors. There is no way to submit a complaint or call to talk to anyone else, the whole phone system only takes you to reservations.

Date of travel: June 2023
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.