“Air France business class”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 9 May 2024

My partner and I flew AF I may business class
A couple of things
1 the food was excellent
2 the two staff who looked after the 12 travellers in business class were so attentive
A big shout out to Philippe who was lovely to my partner as she is not a good flyer

Thank Scottish Travel... A

Reviewed 8 May 2024

JAN 2024 UPDATE: After months and months of hassling with Air France, I finally contacted the Better Business Bureau in New York where Air France has a listing. I submitted all the documentation and VOILA, 3 weeks later Air France responded and said I did have a valid claim and oh look we will send payment. Amazing after they told me I didn’t have a valid claim. Don’t give up if you have a claim, they will ghost you in hopes you will give up but luckily the BBB was such a helpful organization! I still won’t be flying Air France again.
———————————————————-
ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Absolutely horrible customer service and no way to contact the claims department after illegally denying a valid claim. They use run-around and ignore tactics so they do not have to pay. I am sad to say this is the worst airline I have ever encountered. Even Spirit gets bags to where I am going.

We checked two bags for a trip to Paris with a layover in Heathrow. Both bags were lost in Heathrow. One bag was delivered 4 days into the trip. The 2nd bag was returned to our home 3 weeks later (which we are grateful we actually got it back, from what I am reading from the lost luggage of Air France FB page - check it out for real). But that was only because my husband went to CDG and spent 2 hours there with the lost luggage department and had them track it down in Heathrow (which was at the end of the trip and then it got sent home). This is after spending our entire two week vacation buying clothes, shoes, doing laundry, and spending hours calling AF every day to get a status update.

We submitted the claim online as we were instructed to in order to be reimbursed for all the expenses. The claim was quickly denied because they say it was made more than the 21 allowed time frame from when the bag was delivered. Very conveniently for them they only looked at the first bag. We then respond with the information about the 2nd bag, submit all the documentation (which had already been provided). This is where they ghost you. Once the claim is closed that is it. Nothing you do will get you to anyone that can help you. The phone number which has an option for “check the status of your claim”, one would think that would take you to the claims department, it does not, it takes you to reservations, and they cannot do anything about the claim except for “put a note” on it and there are no supervisors. There is no way to submit a complaint or call to talk to anyone else, the whole phone system only takes you to reservations.

Date of travel: June 2023
Reviewed 7 May 2024

My flight to London was canceled and the next flight wasn't available for nearly 11 hours, with no compensation other than a 15 Euro meal ticket. The notification of the delay came after boarding the first flight so there was nothing to be done. The customer service was awful at the airport, I tried to rebook- luggage issues etc. I had a toddler with me so wanted to see if it was possible, i fully understood when they said it wasn't but the attitude was unkind and you couldn't get a lounge until three hours before the flight. On my way back from London there was no food on one flight due to staff shortage and then only a veggie option on the other, fine for me but not for many others but no apology was given and the crew were rude to those asking. This is my second negative experience (first was when they lost my luggage and stroller and only returned the luggage and claimed they didn't have the stroller). I've always felt comfortable with Air France but it seems to be getting worse. The feedback from customer service has been dismissive and non-responsive.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 6 May 2024

Traveling to Italy from Seattle with my family through Air France when they cancelled our flight 7 hours before we were supposed leave. No one helped us rebook and we figured out an earlier flight ourselves. Things happen and we got to spend an extra day in Italy so at first we just looked at the positives.

On the way back however, we were supposed to fly out of Napoli airport to Paris for a connecting flight directly to Seattle. They delayed the flight 3 hours, then loaded us all onto a bus to “transport” us all to the airplane that was literally 50ft away. When they loaded us onto a cramped bus after waiting in line for 3 hours, they didn’t actually move the bus for another 30 mins. I literally could have crawled on my hands and knees from where the bus was to where the air plane was in probably 1 min - maybe less. They never should have even scanned our boarding passes unless the plane was ready to go because then we couldn’t even leave the line to use the bathroom or get food without handing a staff member our passport to hold - which at that point I would never trust any of the Air France staff to hold my passport for even 5 mins. We missed our connecting flight to Seattle and had to stay the night in Paris which isn’t as romantic as it sounds. They barely served any water on the 10 hour flight back to Seattle. Upon arriving in Seattle on a Thursday (to no surprise) some of our luggage was missing. Air France said they would deliver the missing luggage to our home within 24 hours. After several follows and Air France telling us they put the luggage and 4 different planes, to only admit it actually didn’t get on any of the planes, they told us on SUNDAY that they didn’t know where the luggage was, what country it was even in, but that “rest assured they would email us when it’s on the way.” We called Delta to complain and then within 5 mins they located the bag and said it had arrived in Seattle on Friday and had been sitting there since then. They said they would have some staff from Air France ship it to which we said absolutely not and that we would just drive to the airport to get it ourselves because we didn’t want them touching our stuff anymore.

If I could give this airline less than a 1 star I would. They completely took away from the refreshed and elated feeling you get from taking time off work and coming back from vacation. Rather than relaxing and resetting to our normal routines we went on a wild goose chase basically just to locate luggage that they couldn’t even pinpoint what country it was in when it was literally sitting at the airport 30 mins away from us.

1  Thank Trail01613062332
Reviewed 6 May 2024

To start the counter staff only speaks French including the manager, no one seems to care, we we force to get in line multiple times and no one help us , I was force to pay around $180 because according to them our carry on was to heavy (13 Kilograms) we paid extra for extra leg room however did no get it, had to wait over 1;45 minutes for the luggage to arrive, there was no one form Air France at the carrousel had to walk to the counter in Milan to get information regarding our luggage whereabouts, causing us to miss our connecting flight.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.