“Awful customer service”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 7 May 2024

My flight to London was canceled and the next flight wasn't available for nearly 11 hours, with no compensation other than a 15 Euro meal ticket. The notification of the delay came after boarding the first flight so there was nothing to be done. The customer service was awful at the airport, I tried to rebook- luggage issues etc. I had a toddler with me so wanted to see if it was possible, i fully understood when they said it wasn't but the attitude was unkind and you couldn't get a lounge until three hours before the flight. On my way back from London there was no food on one flight due to staff shortage and then only a veggie option on the other, fine for me but not for many others but no apology was given and the crew were rude to those asking. This is my second negative experience (first was when they lost my luggage and stroller and only returned the luggage and claimed they didn't have the stroller). I've always felt comfortable with Air France but it seems to be getting worse. The feedback from customer service has been dismissive and non-responsive.

Date of travel: March 2024

Reviewed 6 May 2024

Traveling to Italy from Seattle with my family through Air France when they cancelled our flight 7 hours before we were supposed leave. No one helped us rebook and we figured out an earlier flight ourselves. Things happen and we got to spend an extra day in Italy so at first we just looked at the positives.

On the way back however, we were supposed to fly out of Napoli airport to Paris for a connecting flight directly to Seattle. They delayed the flight 3 hours, then loaded us all onto a bus to “transport” us all to the airplane that was literally 50ft away. When they loaded us onto a cramped bus after waiting in line for 3 hours, they didn’t actually move the bus for another 30 mins. I literally could have crawled on my hands and knees from where the bus was to where the air plane was in probably 1 min - maybe less. They never should have even scanned our boarding passes unless the plane was ready to go because then we couldn’t even leave the line to use the bathroom or get food without handing a staff member our passport to hold - which at that point I would never trust any of the Air France staff to hold my passport for even 5 mins. We missed our connecting flight to Seattle and had to stay the night in Paris which isn’t as romantic as it sounds. They barely served any water on the 10 hour flight back to Seattle. Upon arriving in Seattle on a Thursday (to no surprise) some of our luggage was missing. Air France said they would deliver the missing luggage to our home within 24 hours. After several follows and Air France telling us they put the luggage and 4 different planes, to only admit it actually didn’t get on any of the planes, they told us on SUNDAY that they didn’t know where the luggage was, what country it was even in, but that “rest assured they would email us when it’s on the way.” We called Delta to complain and then within 5 mins they located the bag and said it had arrived in Seattle on Friday and had been sitting there since then. They said they would have some staff from Air France ship it to which we said absolutely not and that we would just drive to the airport to get it ourselves because we didn’t want them touching our stuff anymore.

If I could give this airline less than a 1 star I would. They completely took away from the refreshed and elated feeling you get from taking time off work and coming back from vacation. Rather than relaxing and resetting to our normal routines we went on a wild goose chase basically just to locate luggage that they couldn’t even pinpoint what country it was in when it was literally sitting at the airport 30 mins away from us.

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank Trail01613062332
Reviewed 6 May 2024

To start the counter staff only speaks French including the manager, no one seems to care, we we force to get in line multiple times and no one help us , I was force to pay around $180 because according to them our carry on was to heavy (13 Kilograms) we paid extra for extra leg room however did no get it, had to wait over 1;45 minutes for the luggage to arrive, there was no one form Air France at the carrousel had to walk to the counter in Milan to get information regarding our luggage whereabouts, causing us to miss our connecting flight.

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 6 May 2024

I am a solo Asian-American female that visited Paris for the first time. On the return flight, I chose an aisle seat so that I could get served first. On the first flight the attendant ALWAYS asked the person sitting in aisle FIRST. The second flight there was a racist older white female flight attendant with braids.
What I found very discriminatory and racist was that the female flight attendant with the braids would ONLY ask the white lady passenger who sat in the middle seat FIRST what she wanted to eat or drink. She would ONLY greet her and her husband that sat by the window and never greet me.

I found this to be odd since I was sitting closest to her and I should have been asked first (As I observed in all my previous flights). The flight attendant would ONLY address that passenger as "Madame" which she never addressed me. The flight attendant would ONLY tell the white lady "Merci." When I told the flight attendant "Thank you" she said NOTHING TO ME. This is discriminatory behavior and should be addressed.

I have never been on a flight ever where they skipped the aisle person and asked the middle person FIRST. It's because the woman sitting in the middle seat was white and the flight attendant thought she was more important than I.

I am sitting in the aisle seat and making eye contact with the flight attendant, AND SHE BLANTANTLY IGNORED ME AND ONLY SERVED THE WOMAN IN THE MIDDLE SEAT BEFORE ME FIRST, THEN ASKED ME SECOND THAT IS DISCIMINATION EVERY SINGLE time they gave out drinks, breakfast and lunch.

She treated me like a second class citizen as if I were "less than" which is probably why she only asked the white lady what drink she wanted or food she wanted first even though she was in the middle seat. And yes, I was making eye contact and ready to give my order to her but she IGNORED ME. This is discrimination. Disgusting what type of people they hire.

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank HikerFW1974
Reviewed 4 May 2024

Air France goes down as the worst airline I have ever flown with. Our family flies internationally multiple times per year and we have never had an experience like this. First, we booked extra leg room seats and paid extra for them($400) 6 months in advance. About a month before the trip, they moved our seats and separated me and my husband in the back of the plane(with no refund, mind you) due to “operational reasons”. We logged in to see all the seats are clearly open so their “operational reasons” were a lie. We moved them again and paid again to have the same seats. They then move us the day of check-in due to “operational reasons” and this time at least refund us(only for the second time, we have still not received a refund for the first time). We were not surprised to see someone else seated in our seats we paid for when we got on the plane (supposedly they give them to whoever they prefer). On top of that, they made us check in our carry on because they have the worst space for carry on luggage I have ever seen on any plane. The one they did allow us to carry on, we had to put many rows behind us due to having no space anywhere near our seats. We made it there to Naples to find out that our luggage did not make the flight and will be coming sometime the next day.

The luggage may be Air France’s issue or our previous airline’s issue so I’ll let that one slide. We got our luggage about 4 days into our trip.

The biggest issue was on the way back. We checked in around 12:30 PM for our flight the next day at 12:35 PM. 8 hours later, my husband only receives an e-mail(mind you, they have our phone number, my email, and we both also have the app and we received no notifications) that our flight has been cancelled and we are rebooked on a flight 6 1/2 hours earlier!! They had also touched our ticket and thus our other airlines could no longer check us in for the other flights on our itinerary or even move other flights on our itinerary. This left us with a 6 hour layover that we could not change through Delta. We ended up not being able to sleep at all because we did not discover this change until midnight due to no notifications and had to immediately pack and leave our hotel.

When we arrived at our boarding gate, I was then pulled(on no sleep already!) aside for a second security check 20 minutes before take-off because they booked our tickets last minute and made us look suspicious since it was no longer a two way international ticket!!!

Please, if you have any regard for your travel, do not book Air France. They made a horrible end to our trip.

Date of travel: April 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.