“Air France ? should be rename nightmare airlines.”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 6 May 2024

To start the counter staff only speaks French including the manager, no one seems to care, we we force to get in line multiple times and no one help us , I was force to pay around $180 because according to them our carry on was to heavy (13 Kilograms) we paid extra for extra leg room however did no get it, had to wait over 1;45 minutes for the luggage to arrive, there was no one form Air France at the carrousel had to walk to the counter in Milan to get information regarding our luggage whereabouts, causing us to miss our connecting flight.

Date of travel: May 2024

Reviewed 6 May 2024

I am a solo Asian-American female that visited Paris for the first time. On the return flight, I chose an aisle seat so that I could get served first. On the first flight the attendant ALWAYS asked the person sitting in aisle FIRST. The second flight there was a racist older white female flight attendant with braids.
What I found very discriminatory and racist was that the female flight attendant with the braids would ONLY ask the white lady passenger who sat in the middle seat FIRST what she wanted to eat or drink. She would ONLY greet her and her husband that sat by the window and never greet me.

I found this to be odd since I was sitting closest to her and I should have been asked first (As I observed in all my previous flights). The flight attendant would ONLY address that passenger as "Madame" which she never addressed me. The flight attendant would ONLY tell the white lady "Merci." When I told the flight attendant "Thank you" she said NOTHING TO ME. This is discriminatory behavior and should be addressed.

I have never been on a flight ever where they skipped the aisle person and asked the middle person FIRST. It's because the woman sitting in the middle seat was white and the flight attendant thought she was more important than I.

I am sitting in the aisle seat and making eye contact with the flight attendant, AND SHE BLANTANTLY IGNORED ME AND ONLY SERVED THE WOMAN IN THE MIDDLE SEAT BEFORE ME FIRST, THEN ASKED ME SECOND THAT IS DISCIMINATION EVERY SINGLE time they gave out drinks, breakfast and lunch.

She treated me like a second class citizen as if I were "less than" which is probably why she only asked the white lady what drink she wanted or food she wanted first even though she was in the middle seat. And yes, I was making eye contact and ready to give my order to her but she IGNORED ME. This is discrimination. Disgusting what type of people they hire.

1  Thank HikerFW1974
Reviewed 4 May 2024

Air France goes down as the worst airline I have ever flown with. Our family flies internationally multiple times per year and we have never had an experience like this. First, we booked extra leg room seats and paid extra for them($400) 6 months in advance. About a month before the trip, they moved our seats and separated me and my husband in the back of the plane(with no refund, mind you) due to “operational reasons”. We logged in to see all the seats are clearly open so their “operational reasons” were a lie. We moved them again and paid again to have the same seats. They then move us the day of check-in due to “operational reasons” and this time at least refund us(only for the second time, we have still not received a refund for the first time). We were not surprised to see someone else seated in our seats we paid for when we got on the plane (supposedly they give them to whoever they prefer). On top of that, they made us check in our carry on because they have the worst space for carry on luggage I have ever seen on any plane. The one they did allow us to carry on, we had to put many rows behind us due to having no space anywhere near our seats. We made it there to Naples to find out that our luggage did not make the flight and will be coming sometime the next day.

The luggage may be Air France’s issue or our previous airline’s issue so I’ll let that one slide. We got our luggage about 4 days into our trip.

The biggest issue was on the way back. We checked in around 12:30 PM for our flight the next day at 12:35 PM. 8 hours later, my husband only receives an e-mail(mind you, they have our phone number, my email, and we both also have the app and we received no notifications) that our flight has been cancelled and we are rebooked on a flight 6 1/2 hours earlier!! They had also touched our ticket and thus our other airlines could no longer check us in for the other flights on our itinerary or even move other flights on our itinerary. This left us with a 6 hour layover that we could not change through Delta. We ended up not being able to sleep at all because we did not discover this change until midnight due to no notifications and had to immediately pack and leave our hotel.

When we arrived at our boarding gate, I was then pulled(on no sleep already!) aside for a second security check 20 minutes before take-off because they booked our tickets last minute and made us look suspicious since it was no longer a two way international ticket!!!

Please, if you have any regard for your travel, do not book Air France. They made a horrible end to our trip.

Reviewed 3 May 2024

So, I was separated from my wife and made to sit 2 rows from her on this flight. Three months before, we were together but somehow, AF decided to separate us today. The reason - my seat next her was blocked for some technical problem. We boarded, sat down, and voila, some Frenchman takes the blocked seat. Apparently, he was upgraded or was using points, so they elected for him to use the seat. Apparently the audio was not working on that seat. I asked them if they thought that was "good business practices" and of course, the flight manager, did not have a clue of what I was referring so. Their customer rep , Mr. Concon said this after I flied a complaint "A seat reservation does give a certain assurance, but unfortunately never implies a full guarantee for a specific seat. Even though we try to honour a preference, a re-assignment of seats can occur in the case of an aircraft change, group booking or due to safety measures." I'll pass on Air France in future.

Reviewed 2 May 2024

Unique situation: a 3.5-year international assignment to France with monthly flights to the US. Selecting and sticking with an airline is a challenge. Here's why I started with Air France & Delta and switched to United for my 20+ international flights and 30+ flights inside the EU:
1. Use Air France and Transavia side EU for holidays and business: not recommended, expensive, tired old planes that you get bussed to and climb a staircase to board
2. Enjoy better service and French food: sub-par, tons of attitude, language and culture barrier, and Unided staff will go above and beyond if you are nice to them.
2. Get to premier class fast and enjoy the perks: it takes WAY longer, and very unfriendly policies like
- locking the seat map 48-24hrs before check-in
- making passengers pay for things that come standard with United
- wiping out seat selection when changing aircraft
- lounge access and flight availability are generally better with United

Loyalty is a two-way street, passengers are still just a number to airlines, but if you will travel frequently, make sure you give your $$$ to someone who cares a bit more.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank 677sergeyz
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.