“Rude”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 29 April 2024

I have paid for premium economy round trip. However, on the return date 04/29/2024 they change my seat to economy like they don’t have enough places for premium. I didn’t have a choice to seat on economy but that was nightmare. If your premium economy seat is full that’s not the customer problem Airfrance should find a way to make sure I’m on the seat I have paid for . With that horrible experience I don’t think so I will be flying with them again

1  Thank Ebongue s

Reviewed 29 April 2024

A Disappointing Journey

As an Iranian traveler, I recently had an unfortunate experience with Air France that left me feeling stressed, frustrated, and disheartened. Let me share my story in the hope that it serves as a cautionary tale for fellow passengers.

Booking Process and Lack of Transparency

When I booked my flight from Mumbai to São Paulo via Paris and operated by eight France itself , I trusted Air France to provide a seamless journey. However, upon arriving at Mumbai airport, I was blindsided by the revelation that I couldn't proceed to São Paulo through Paris due to a transit visa requirement. The shock and confusion were overwhelming. Here's where Air France fell short:

1. Misleading Information: Nowhere during the ticket booking process did Air France mention the need for a transit visa. As a result, I found myself stranded at the airport, unable to continue my journey.

2. Stress and Racism:
The lack of clear communication caused immense stress. Moreover, I felt discriminated against, as if my nationality played a role in their decision. No passenger should endure such treatment.

Denied Boarding and Financial Loss

1. Denied Boarding: Air France left me with no choice but to cancel my ticket. Imagine the frustration of being at the airport, ready to fly, only to be turned away due to an oversight by the airline.

2. Inadequate Refund:
To add insult to injury, the refund process was a nightmare. Out of the ₹ 75360 I paid, I received a paltry ₹ 4369 back. This discrepancy is entirely unjust and unacceptable.

Passenger Rights and EU 261

1. EU 261:
As an EU-based airline, Air France is subject to EU 261 regulations. These rules protect passengers' rights in cases of flight disruptions, including denied boarding due to visa issues.

2. Compensation:
I urge Air France to honor its obligations under EU 261. Compensation should not be a mere formality; it's a matter of fairness and respect for passengers.

What Air France Can Do

1. Transparency: Air France must improve transparency during the booking process. Clearly communicate visa requirements to passengers, ensuring they make informed decisions.

2. Fair Compensation:
Refund policies should be fair and consistent. Passengers deserve more than a fraction of their hard-earned money back.

Conclusion

My experience with Air France was disheartening. I implore the airline to rectify its practices, treat passengers equitably, and uphold the standards expected of a reputable carrier.

Flight Details:
Route: Mumbai to São Paulo via Paris
Booking Date: 4th April 2024
Ticket Number: 0572316385356

3  Thank mehrdad b
Reviewed 28 April 2024

It was my first time travelling with Air France and it was absolutely amazing. The food was delicious, staff was extremely helpful and friendly. No cancellations or delays. Everything went extremely smoothly. 10/10 would fly it again.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 28 April 2024

My recent experience with Air France left me deeply dissatisfied and frustrated. As a frequent business traveler, I value efficiency and respect for customers. Unfortunately, my encounter with Air France at Charles de Gaulle Airport was anything but.

After a long journey that involved multiple flights, I faced an unexpected hurdle at the Air France check-in counter. Despite my baggage being only slightly over the weight limit, I was met with arrogance and inflexibility from the staff. The "manager" on duty, accompanied by a dismissive colleague, insisted that I pay a hefty fee for a mere 1kg overweight in my hand luggage. When I suggested redistributing the weight within my checked baggage, I was met with a cold refusal.

The interaction took a disrespectful turn when, after mentioning my profession as a pilot, the staff openly laughed and made derogatory remarks in French. This unprofessional behavior continued when I tried to seek refuge in the Air France lounge during my long layover, only to be met with insincere hospitality and a thinly veiled acknowledgment of the prior encounter.

This experience has left me deeply disappointed in Air France's customer service and handling of situations. Not only was I subjected to unnecessary charges, but the staff's unprofessional conduct was disheartening. As a result, I will be avoiding Air France for my future travels and will not recommend their services to colleagues or friends.

My company who employs in excess of 75 crew who fly onto base and home every 2 months were also notified and alternative airline will be used in the future.

Date of travel: March 2024
3  Thank Odyssey45699390711
Reviewed 28 April 2024

Wonderful. Regularly travel between the US and France. Air France have been by far the best so far. Cabin crew were kind, generous, and attentive. I’m 6ft 4 and the cabin crew found a spare seat where I could get a little more leg room. Also found the food to be much better than American, BA et al.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.