“Best Transatlantic carrier so far.”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 28 April 2024

Wonderful. Regularly travel between the US and France. Air France have been by far the best so far. Cabin crew were kind, generous, and attentive. I’m 6ft 4 and the cabin crew found a spare seat where I could get a little more leg room. Also found the food to be much better than American, BA et al.

Reviewed 27 April 2024

My companion, and I, Kamel Khalil, both elderly and with limited mobility, had a harrowing experience with Air France. After our original flight was canceled, we were left unattended for a grueling 24 hours at France's airport, confined to our wheelchairs. Despite our obvious need for assistance, no one from the airline bothered to check on us or offer any help. To make matters worse, the atmosphere at the airport was dismal, with staff displaying blatant racism and mistreatment towards us. This entire ordeal was not only physically exhausting but also emotionally draining. We argued many times that we were already sick and walking with oxygen machines, but our pleas were ignored. We spent the entire night in misery, with nowhere to rest. Since returning from this trip, both my companion and I have been battling pneumonia, which we believe was exacerbated by the neglect and mistreatment we endured. We strongly advise against using Air France or France's airport. The lack of basic human decency and respect shown by both entities is appalling. We urge anyone considering flying with them to think twice and choose an airline that values their customers' well-being.

3  Thank Youssef N
Reviewed 27 April 2024

I typically don't leave negative reviews of airlines even though I've had a fair few bad experiences, because... what's the point? But I have to share this experience with Air France which was so bad from check-in that I wanted to skip my trip altogether.

Upon arrival, they notified me of a strict carry-on bag weight policy (26.4 pounds). Having been unaware of this, I spent an hour shuffling and re-arranging so as to check my backpack and keep my larger bag. Satisfied, they let me pass to security, sans backpack.

Once at the gate, a gate attendant randomly selected me to be pulled aside for a check. He lifted my bag with his bare hand and proclaimed it to be too heavy. I objected, as I had made it through check-in and he was not using an instrument to measure. Another attendant brought over a baggage scale and concurred that it was too heavy, not showing me what the reading on the scale was. I resorted to shoving my multiple medications, travel chargers, laptop, business papers, valuables, and a few toiletries into a shopping bag to bring on board. When I asked if the contents of my carry-ons would be reimbursed in full if they did not arrive at my destination, the attendant shrugged and said I'd have to call the company and ask.

Buyer beware: If you choose this airline, don't pack anything of value that can't fit into a pocket. You may not be able to bring it on board.

P.S. Unrelated, but the width of the seats was less than the length of my forearm. I have never had trouble fitting into an airplane seat and I barely fit.

2  Thank Katie F
Reviewed 24 April 2024

Horrible food, horrible old plane. Crazy seat layout, some people literally sitting in the isle. Screen and tables are broken or bendt. Service was rarely given, crew was not very hard-working on the individual level no offers. Served water 3 times during 12 hours flight. Meal was not eatable!! horrible chicken. Seems French people were okay with it. It is not even up to level of any other European Airline.

Would never fly AirFrance ever again.

1  Thank Wanderer14777822334
Reviewed 24 April 2024

Worst Airline ever
Like to give zero or negative rating
I wish they are banned
Only care about money
They think customers are cheap
They should have good customer service

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank Nihar C
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.