“Air France doesn't care about customer service”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 17 April 2024

This is the worst experience I have ever had. I wanted to get to Alabama USA for my son's wedding. It's taken me 3 days and even more phone calls to try and get a flight to Paris, and I'm still waiting....

Reviewed 17 April 2024

- The Better Business Bureaus rates this firm as "F" due to unresolved customer complaints and I can easily see why.
- They had our plane on the ground for 8 hours before finally, at boarding time, deciding to do a systems check. As we all stood around waiting to board, we got several announcements about "boarding shortly", none of which were true. For three hours, there was no communication from AirFrance as to what was going on.
- Then we were finally told that we would be getting a different plane at a different terminal and had to schlep ourselves on the tram to the new terminal and find our own way. No help was available from AirFrance employees, who, even when I asked one point blank to his face just ignored me as if he did not see me and that I had not spoken. Incredibly Rude.
- We finally got on the plane after a 4 1/2 hour delay only to find they had not finished prepping the second plane (to get "fresher food"), so we sat on the tarmac for another 30 minutes.
- Our 1:25 PM flight FINALLY left at 6:00PM.
- On this flight, we found that the "fresher food" did not include anywhere near enough portions, so approx 40% of the plane had to settle for whatever they had.
And what they had was wretched!! I just threw mine away after a taste because it was just awful.
- The second "meal"/"snack" was also inedible and looked like rejects from a very cheap restaurant. Tossed that one, too.
- So, no food on this flight.
- The flight announcements in French came first (Ok), and were always considerably longer that the ones in English that followed. And the "English" was SO bad that the announcements (which, who knows, might have contained valuable info) were mainly incomprehensible. Not just me - we were all looking at each other and asking "Did YOU understand that?"
- Considering this plane contained mainly US tourists returning from France, they really should have at least looked for someone for whom English was not such an insurmountable challenge! What if we could not understand important safety info? Does the FAA know or care about this? Or have any jurisdiction?
- The flight attendants displayed a clear bias in looking down their noses at us Americans, and deliberately either misunderstanding what we said, or simply ignoring us entirely. They clearly thought this level of contempt was acceptable, for some reason.

- TL;DR: Do NOT book on AirFrance if you have ANY other option available.

1  Thank George_Moosie_W
Reviewed 16 April 2024

The airline is stealing money! One has really to pay hardly attention while booking, because the never refund you overpayments/wrong bookings.
The quality of the flight is tendetially low (plane/food/flight attendants). I'm happy the flight duration was only about 1h. Would never book a long distance flight with air france.

Reviewed 16 April 2024

Very poor inflight service. The flight took off from Chennai at 2 AM in the early morning (local time) and after about 4/5 hours, ie around 6 AM (local time), by practice, we expected some tea or coffee or hot water. But the Air-hostess/staff never turned up and, being a man of 55+ age, it was a very bitter experience. I had to bear with another 4/5 hours of headache, before landing in Paris, when, just an-hour before landing, they gave tea in their routine service. The staff didn't respond and the service is mechanical, not friendly or passionate. Consequently, I changed my return travel from AF to some other Airline and also recommended to my friends not to use this Airline.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Subramanian S
Reviewed 15 April 2024

Avoid if you’re American. If you think you’re right getting a good deal, you’re not. Targeted Americans to check their carry ons. Terrible leg room for anyone 5’10/179cm +. Hospital food was served (I would know - I work at several). No free wifi. No paid wifi.

1  Thank M N
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.