“Not great, cramped and stuck in chair! No place!”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Air France, is just an okay airline, as it is bought by the the American airline DELTA now and have become very much similar in rudeness and attitude. I did not feel too good on this flight, first of all they have cramped up everyone in that plane with hardly any leg space. I really felt like a caged animal flying and it was just a very painful experience. I have flown on other airlines and they are much better with more leg room and it has all been in economy.
If you really want to fly then chose and pick your economy class airline, as this is a painful airline for economy, as economy must be labelled "Be in a Cage Class."!!!

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (23,293)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our outgoing flight from Toronto Pearson to Paris en route to Marrakesh was outstanding! I forgot what it was like to fly dignified! I was given a blanket, pillow and earbuds to watch a movie or listen to music, and a choice of a hot dinner with WINE and didn't have to pay for a thing. How novel is that! After flying on North American airlines I had forgotten how fabulous it was to fly and to be treated well. I also received the same service on our flight home, but there was a glitch in that our flight out of Paris was late which affected our stop in Montreal which then delayed our flight to Toronto to the following morning. I know stuff happens, but what made me not give Air France an Excellent review is the Air France staff in Paris. We were told that they would advise the staff in Montreal but that didn't happen, and the poor staff member in the Montreal airport had no idea of our predicament and had to fill out vouchers for all of us and make bookings at a hotel for us late in the evening. She was great, but we didn't get to the hotel until close on 11 pm and then had to be up and ready to go to the airport to catch our flight to Toronto at 3:30 in the morning. So, I know stuff happens but if the AF staff in Paris had advised AF Montreal staff it would have been easier for everyone involved. BUT, I still loved my flight on Air France!

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Air France should be ashamed... This is your business class??? Seats don't even lie flat and there's zero ZERO privacy... I can't imagine how bad premium economy and economy is so I guess I shouldn't complain, but you are losing to the competition. #FAIL

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I don’t typically do reviews on airlines but am doing one on Air France because this trip was even worse than my favorite airline United, which gets lots of complaints from others.

Here are the positives for Air France:
- The service provided by the flight attendants was excellent and very polite.
- I had no problem carrying on my 22inch suitcase that is 24inchs with handle and wheels. I was really worried because it fits on Delta but Air France’s requirements are a little smaller. However, no one ever questioned my suitcase and it fit fine in the overhead compartments in Business Class.
- The ticket price (between Houston, Texas and Lagos, Nigeria) was significantly lower than United.

Below are the reasons I would suggest flying another airline if the price point is similar (this is for Business Class passengers):
- Seats - The seats do not have that many adjustments. As I am not quite 5 feet tall, when I first sat down and until I was allowed to recline my seat, my feet/legs dangled significantly off the floor (more so than other planes). Then when you’re allowed to adjust, you only have an up and down button. You read that right - they only have 2 adjustments. So if you want to raise the leg rest, you have to be reclining. Not a fan.
- Entertainment - The inflight movies were very limited (not many to choose from) and the method to scroll through them was very primitive and slow. Obviously no attempt at designing something user friendly. You cannot just simply scroll through all the movies, you have to make several extra clicks to keep trying to find a movie (you have to do this every 4 movies). Had to also keep restarting movies as they would glitch. Overall, very annoying.
- Charles de Gaul - Air France’s main hub is definitely my least favorite airport. You always have to climb down a staircase from the plane (and if you have a carry-on suitcase and other items, this can be a little awkward) and then take a bus to get to the terminal.
- Headphones - Both times, flying between Houston and Paris and Lagos and Paris, the plane had very awkward access points to plug in your own headphones. The headphones they provide are directly wired into a seat pocket and if you want to use your own you have to squeeze your hand into the same spot on the side of your seat and awkwardly try to find the hole to plug them in. Not fun.
- Food - Inflight meal service is just OK. I think the emphasis is on unusual, rather than filling or tasty.
- Lounge - The one in Paris in Terminal E is just OK. We were there during breakfast time. It would have been nice if it had more food options. The women’s bathrooms were fine, but I heard the men’s restrooms did not have enough stalls, especially since there wasn’t any urinals. We had a long layover and whenever my colleague went to the men’s restroom there was a line. This is the rare time when the line is not at the women’s restroom.
- The last thing I did not care for was the safety briefing. It featured all females in a performance with statements about how the “seatbelts elegantly highlight your waistline” and that something was “tres chic” and other gems like that. I think they were trying to be fashionable and cute ... or something, but as a female business traveler in the safety field, I found it sexist, annoying, and that it fell flat.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a crowded flight to CDG but we were fortunate enough to be in an exit row, so no issues with space or legroom. Food and beverage service was fine. It is always a treat for someone who flies a lot in North America to get alcohol for free (or is it just my spouse and me?). The drawback is that our bags did not make it from this flight to our connecting flight to JFK. That flight is reviewed separately. Check-in was a bit of a cluster as the staff were in a meeting while hundreds of customers began queuing for baggage dropoff. The electronic check in system provided us with baggage tags but not boarding passes so we had to wait in the line to take care of that. We were fortunate to be relatively front in the line.

• Food and Beverage