“My first time on Air China”
Review of Air China

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Air China was a bit dissapointing. For an international flight rhe entertainment was bad. The food was not very good and I like Chinese food. Will I fly with Air China again - only if it is a must and there is no seats available on other airlines.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Arrie_Schoeman
Write a ReviewReviews (4,078)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was a Nice flight from Beijing to Zhengzhou City during my business trip to China. Everithing was perfect in the airports and on the board. In Zhengzhou airport we had a good level Support at the Information Service. I was pleased to travel with Air China......
My positive recommendations for all types of Travellers....Air China is One of the Best Airlines in China without any doubt.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank SERGUEY1969
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Let's just say , they booked/checked our bags(7 of us). Tell us theres another terminal change (2nd terminal change in an hour time frame) Then they have the audacity to fly 40 minutes before our boarding time lol. With no fair warning lol. There service was as good as their fake Rolex's. Never again.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Air China has nice planes and good crew but app and website is a nightmare and we ended up not being able to check in and their check in couldn't link our journey, we had to pick up luggage and check in again one mile away in another terminal with no support in an airport we have never been before and extremely big.

1  Thank 768mahyarm
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The check in process with Air China is terrible. Online check in was not working (seems like it never works). I tried to look at my reservation online but was unable to create an account to see my reservation because I do not have a Chinese phone number.

Tried to call the customer service line right when the office opened and was greeted with a message saying the office was experiencing high call volume and to press 1 every 3 minutes or the call would hang up. Was on the phone for an hour and still was unable to connect with someone. If you don't press 1 quickly enough it hangs up.

We had to go to the check in at the airport even though we didn't have checked bags. Check in line was about an hour and a half due to online check in not working.

When I finally got on the plane, the seats were very cramped and the plane was kept uncomfortably warm. Could not get comfortable during the entire 14 hour flight from Beijing to JFK. Premium economy seems pretty nice and I tried to upgrade one of the legs of my flight, but was told at every counter I went to that they were unable to upgrade my ticket and I needed to go somewhere else to upgrade. I tried to upgrade at the gate and was told they couldn't upgrade it there either. We ended up not able to upgrade even though there were plenty of seats available.

The food was okay, and the in flight entertainment was pretty good. The price of the flight was also much cheaper than others, which is why we purchased these tickets in the first place. However, with the difficulty in checking in and inability to get in touch with customer service, I will be spending the extra money for another airline.

1  Thank nealwiddifield