“Shanghai to Vancouver”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our flight Shanghai to Vancouver was very enjoyable. The service, selection of food and the wine offerings all made the flight relaxing and a pleasure. The “pod” seating in business is roomy, comfortable and allows a traveler to get a decent sleep should you wish to. The entertainment centre has numerous selections for both movies/tv and audio. The trip was smooth and on time in departure and arrival. Very enjoyable in every way.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (18,250)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Don't book with this airline ever if you're doing anything remotely important! My fiance was supposed to fly in to Philadelphia at 10 a.m. to go to my Master of Music voice recital that night. I was nervous about booking it for the day of, but he couldn't do anything else because he couldn't take any more days off of work. Greedy Air Canada overbooked the flight and kicked him off, and then he couldn't get another flight until 9:30 that night because they'd overbooked the next 2 departing flights as well. This recital was the culmination of my music graduate degree and he'd wanted to be there to support me so badly! All the refunds and vouchers in the world can't make up for this. I'm never booking with Air Canada again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Took AC direct from Vancouver to Toronto, departing YVR at 2:10pm. Flight was booked using Aeroplan points. Booking was easy. Boarding was very organized and plane departed on time with a full passenger load. On flight service was average, nothing exceptional. I hate having to pay for ear buds to listen to their entartainment system. Was a newer Boeing 787 plane. As always, leg space leaves a lot to be desired. Passengers packed in like sardines. Due to weather had to circle for 30 mins and waited on the ground for 30 mins for gate to become available. Neither were AC issues and pilot kept passengers informed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight from Kingston to Toronto was on the smaller aircraft and there is no room. Very small. The trip to Halifax was much better. On the way back from Toronto to Kingston my luggage did not make it to the smaller aircraft. We were all on board and the left early so of course my luggage did not make it. I saw it on the cart come and go. Spoke the stewardess and told her there goes my luggage and I got a little attitude. She basically said that I could not know for sure that was my luggage as they all look the same. Not true. My is hard plastic, grey, with a bright red Canada strap on it. I did not see one in the airport that looked like mine on my many trips. Sure enough it was mine and it did not make it on the flight. I had to wait in Kingston to report that my luggage was missing. They already knew and were advised. I received it the next morning, they delivered it to my house. My hard plastic luggage was punched it. Had to pop it back out. I have taken many flights and never had that happen

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Aisle seat at rear of plane made extremely unpleasant by the toilet line-up - one toilet for the nearly 200 people in coach is a disgrace. Food service - completely inadequate - by the time the food cart arrived at my seat there were no choices remaining.