“Kingston to Nova Scotia”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight from Kingston to Toronto was on the smaller aircraft and there is no room. Very small. The trip to Halifax was much better. On the way back from Toronto to Kingston my luggage did not make it to the smaller aircraft. We were all on board and the left early so of course my luggage did not make it. I saw it on the cart come and go. Spoke the stewardess and told her there goes my luggage and I got a little attitude. She basically said that I could not know for sure that was my luggage as they all look the same. Not true. My is hard plastic, grey, with a bright red Canada strap on it. I did not see one in the airport that looked like mine on my many trips. Sure enough it was mine and it did not make it on the flight. I had to wait in Kingston to report that my luggage was missing. They already knew and were advised. I received it the next morning, they delivered it to my house. My hard plastic luggage was punched it. Had to pop it back out. I have taken many flights and never had that happen

Date of travel: July 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (18,607)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Aisle seat at rear of plane made extremely unpleasant by the toilet line-up - one toilet for the nearly 200 people in coach is a disgrace. Food service - completely inadequate - by the time the food cart arrived at my seat there were no choices remaining.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Since I am way over 6 feet tall, it’s becoming increasingly impossible to be seated in economy class on longer flights. Recently, I tried premium economy on a flight from Canada to Germany. There are 3 rows of seats in PE with a 2-4-2 configuration. By far, for people with long legs, the first row (12) has the most knee room. There is no leg support, so if you have big feet, you’ll find the bulkhead wall a bit uncomfortable.

As it turns out, the exit row seats in economy have more leg room (at about half the cost) but then you have a narrower seat (3 across by the windows) with washrooms in front of you. Strangely while there was not a seat to be had in PE, the more roomy exit rows seat in economy were virtually empty - I suspect because of the extra $100 charge.

There was a little bit more substantial dinner served in PE but strangely with only 2 meat options (chicken or veal). I special ordered a veg meal but since I was not eating one of several people not pleased with the choices at least got to eat.

There are no washrooms exclusive to PE and a curtain bars you from using the business class washrooms several rows ahead. So, you join the masses behind you in the middle or back of the plane.

Not eating dinner, I was looking forward to breakfast. It turns out that what I thought was a packaged sponge, turned out to be a slice of sweet bread. Along with a beverage that was breakfast. The flight attendant brusquely corrected me - no breakfast on this flight, just a snack - and that’s stretching the definition of a snack. At a minimum $1200 each way, you’d think they would spring for a buttered bagel, muffin and or yogurt.

Is it worth it? Yes, if you can’t fit in the back. However, an economy exit row seat will give you more leg room at a saving of at least $500 each way.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sadly this is the last flight that AC is doing from Narita to Calgary...now we'll have to come home via Vancouver. We liked coming home via Calgary as there are more connecting flights to Edmonton from there than from Vancouver. If you're ever delayed leaving Narita (Tokyo) and come home via Vancouver you'll most likely miss your flight and will have a lengthy wait until there is another flight to Edmonton. Too bad AC decided to cancel the Calgary return. Might have to look for another carrier.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a very good crew both going and coming back.
The interior of the plane was clean and as comfortable as plane seats can be!
We were on time on both flights and I would use Air Canada again.

Date of travel: October 2018