“Air Canada Melbourne Edmonton return via Vancouver”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flew on new service direct from Melbourne to Vancouver. Good flight in Dreamliner. Service on board was very good. Good leg room and seating three across in centre row which made it more comfortable and easy to get out of. Swap to domestic Air Canada was quite easy. Did the reverse trip six weeks later. Vancouver to Melbourne was a bit long, sixteen hours, but because we were late getting away we had to go into a holding pattern close to Melbourne before we were given clearance to land. Cheapest flight we have had to Canada yet.

Date of travel: June 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (18,320)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This flight was on the new AC dream liner airplane. We had a full flight and we were seated on the second to last row of the airplane!! Do NOT sit here as every time a person uses the washroom you hear the toilet flush loud and clear. The flight was over 9 hours and that amounts to a lot of flushing and little sleep.
The service was fine and the seats comfortable. As the flight was full the check in was very slow!!

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a very long flight but it was better than the return flight on another airline. The staff was very pleasant---from the check-in staff to the in-flight attendants. The dinner and breakfast was excellent, hot and tasty for both. We booked economy near the exit row and on the aisle so it was easy to get up and stretch quite a few times. The seats were somewhat cramped but slightly wider than the other airline. Was able to sleep with my pillows, etc. The restrooms were small---I guess they are making them smaller now. The worst part of the flight was that the restrooms just kept getting worse as the flight progressed. I guess the flight attendants are not able or willing to maintain them for the duration of the flight. Yuck. Had to freshen up in the airport terminal bathroom. Otherwise, not a bad flight!
I do have to say that my husband left his jacket in the seat and the Air Canada staff at the Sydney airport went above and beyond to retrieve it to make arrangements for its return.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've had good experiences with Air Canada until recently. I have had 2 cases where I have had issues. Recently I booked a flight where I didn't realize the passenger would need a visa to change planes in Toronto. Air Canada would refund my money less a $240 fee. However, now I am being told the processing time is 72 business days. 72 days to "process" a refund?

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

1st time traveling in Premium Economy (PE). Row 12 which is the very front of the PE section. Ample space in front however what I learned was we were missing the foot rests that all of the other PE seats were equipped with. We were in row 14 on the flight back and we really enjoyed having the foot rests. NOTE: row 14 there is no immediate window even though it is classified as a window seat. It is placed forward of the seating position. Actually really didn't make a difference as on a 13hr flight back home it was mainly at high altitude and dark, not much to see.

There is not a separate designated bathroom for PE customers but it was never a problem using the common one a few rows behind in the economy section. Enjoyed the additional reclining angle of the seats. No complaints about the quality & quantity of meals and refreshments. Overall a good+ extended non-stop flight and arrived on time in Haneda.

Date of travel: October 2018