“Flight to Japan”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall a positive experience.. with the exception of check in using the machines. For some unexplained reason, it would not accept check in and luggage drop off, which is much faster. We had to go through a 45 min. wait in line to go through the check in counter, which was frustrating. We travelled with a group of 12 others who all got through using the machine and luggage drop off. No one could explain why. Other than that everything else was good. On a Long flight it was worthwhile paying extra for the legroom. Service was good. Food was acceptable and plentiful.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (18,277)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Plane was great, comfy seats with lots of leg room. Overhead storage for our bags and great in-flight entertainment options. Drink service was standard and the cabin crew were very friendly. Id recommemd flying with this airline and flight any time.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have flown Business Class on Air Canada in the past and found them to be excellent. Yesterday was a clear departure from the previous experience. To begin, we never had any communication with them after booking the flight months in advance. Thus, we planned our pick up at LAX based on the only information we had, which turned out to be incorrect by almost 3 hours. Yes, we landed 3 hours before our driver was planning to pick us up.
When we checked in at Tel Aviv, the young man who did so, must have been very distracted as he mixed up the luggage tags for my wife and I, usually not a problem, but then issued her a ticket in my name, which said I was going to Orlando. I received my ticket going to LAX. Neither of us noted this error until about 30 minutes prior to the flight. Apparently, the staff at the gate knew of the ":mix-up" and presented my wife with the correct ticket in her name and assured us all would be well and the luggage was going to accompany us home.
The flight from Tel Aviv to Toronto was quite good. The flight attendants were outstanding and provided excellent service.The meals were satisfactory, but my meat dish was nowhere as good as other entrees. I usually know better than to order beef on this flights, but for some reason I ordered it anyway. The appetizer, cheeses etc were excellent.
The saga continued in Toronto when my bag apparently was not on our flight and we spent some 45 minutes in an Air Canada holding area while they looked for it. Not only was mine gone, but it took a good bit of sleuthing work on our parts to determine whether it was my bag missing or my wife's. After all was said and done we had to wait until a supervisor showed up to sign off on the lost luggage. To make a long story short, we had almost 2.5 hours between landing and our new flight and spent most of it in the "holding area",running to the new gate, visiting a rest room and then just making the flight to LAX.
The final straw was the failure of Air Canada to ever communicate that we would be coming into LAX 3 hours early.Fortunately I had enough time to put in a claim for my lost luggage before my drive arrived.

Seat comfort
Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
Cleanliness
Food and Beverage
Legroom
In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
Value for money
Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I just HAVE to voice my disappointment and frustration with the nightmare roller coaster they have put my fiance and i through over the last few days. I'm not one to write reviews but this really pushed my buttons and will share this EVERYWHERE that i can.

1. We had booked a trip online with an accidental PM setting instead of AM by mistake. Agree it was overlooked.

2. Luckily a customer service agent named Jack had reviewed this and made an exception to make the alteration from what was accidentally set to "PM" to what we wanted "AM". We have voice mail PROOF of this employee stating they will make the adjustment for us "FREE of any additional costs".

3. Oh how happy and relieved we were at this point. But WAIT! it gets better. Jack decides to call back an hour after making the agreement to alter our flight and has the nerve to tell us "Never mind". He is now trying to charge us an extra $3000 difference to change the PM to AM flight. Pretty sure thats an entire vacation cost to somewhere exotic last time i checked. How can a company go back on their word like that.

4. Jack tells us that his manager "Valary" will call us back with a resolution.

5. Valary does call but guess what! It sounds exactly like Jack, the same dialect, wording, accent, etc. (could be a coincidence?) But man i would bet money that this was Jack again.

6. No resolution made, false promises offered, and a headache and sleepless nights later this nightmare just seems to be getting worst and worst. Best part is that we are now unable to even reach Jack nor Valary regarding this case.

I cant believe a simple flight change would lead to a $3000 surcharge and horrible customer service.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After flying 3000 miles for £515 with Norweigan Airlines coming over from London Gatwick the best I could do for return flights from New York to Ottawa Canada was £920! Thats two people flying 400 miles there and 400 miles back at double the cost! It was a pleasant enough trip in the small (60 - 70 seater) plane but the cost per mile per person was 8 times the cost of the long haul flight. ALSO I was warned whilst booking the transatlantic flight you must get an ESTA. There was no warning for the Canadian equivalent (EST?) and we spent a terrible 35 mins furiously typing our details into a laptop at the Newark Airport hoping to be allowed into Canada. Be warned and get that form filled in before flying.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)