“First time on 787”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 21 September 2018

I think the 787 is great. Headroom was exellent for a taller person. Personal screens with free movies, music, games and flight tracker for everyone. There must be something to their claims about less jet lag. Air and lighting contribute to that. It works!

Write a ReviewReviews (18,260)

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

My trip on Evas from wabush to goose bay for a layover was pretty uneventful, for a small 18 seat aircraft. When we got to goose bay we got delayed by 6 hours for aircraft maintenance issues out of st John's. Finally my flight got cancelled and I was stuck in Goose Bay overnight. eva is a contract company flying for Air Canada... Air Canada offered to put us up till the next day, I chose to stay with family. The next day we all had to fly through Halifax in a completely different province just to get back to the same province. These flights from Halifax were through Air Canada express. Coming back this weekend it was very uneventful until I got home and was told the pilot decided the passengers combined with luggage was too much so the luggage never made it.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Frankly, Air Canada staff did not need to accomodate me, but they did. They were not only helpful but remained friendly even when I was almost the cause of a late takeoff. No one seemed flustered or upset and I was so grateful for their help!

Reviewed 21 September 2018

The flight was on time and the service was efficient and pleasant. We were kept informed about the flight status and the check in process went very smoothly. The quality of the food is the only downside of our Air Canada experience.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 21 September 2018

Flown three times return and have no complaints, pricing was competitive, check in was great, food and drink service on board was excellent. iPhone app gave all the info I needed plus a boarding pass. I also was kept up to date with schedule and gate changes. The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges at both YYZ and LHR are both excellent and worth paying for if you have a couple of hours wait before your flight. Access is free to Business Class and Star Alliance Gold Card holders. My only complaint was being charged $35 to check in my small carry-on case. I had to do that on the return due to the contents. Apart from that a great experience.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)