“Pretty well never on time.”
Review of African Express Airways

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Everyone have spoken to about S.A.Airways tells the same story, especially the Gaborone to Jo Burg service, they are always delayed. Normal this would not be a big deal if you are flying to your final destination but if you have a connection you could be n trouble. The service itself is pretty good, small planes personalised service but not great when you are trying to get somewhere on time. I wish I could suggest the alternative of Botswana Airways but my experience has been the same. So my best advice is to leave lots of time between your connecting flights a chance are you are not flying international on S.A.Airways. They also managed to destroy my checked in luggage and gave me the absolute run around in trying to get compensation. This in spite of the fact that my luggage had survived two international flights and one domestic flight before being destroyed by S.A. Airways.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank ericon991

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Our flight from NY to Accra was over an hour late and we missed our connection. The African Express Airways counter would not honor our ticket unless they could speak to our travel agent. Given the time difference, it was 5 am in NY and surprise...she was not at work. To make our trip to Tamale from Accra all three of us had to buy another ticket at $200 each. TERRIBLE AIRLINE

Reviewed 20 September 2017

It was my first time flying to East London, from OR Tambo on a big flight. That is SAA for you! After being dissapointed by Kulula it was very comforting, wonderful and worth missing Kulula flight. The staff is friendly. They can go the extra mile in simple things. It is the simple things that means a lot. The cabin crew is wonderful.

1  Thank Violet M
Reviewed 29 August 2017

SA Express is overpriced but I have no alternative but to use them when I fly to Durban from P E. Their service is really good. The groundstaff is of course SAA staff but their flight crew is SA Express... Their aircraft , although small, are comfortable and the staff are attentive... Because of price I only use them when absolutely no other alternative..

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Easy to fly with! Prices are not very cheap, but is ok!
Nice service and easy check in!
Attention with the hand luggage! There is not big space!!

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank adibfarid