“like a buss trip”
Review of Virgin Australia

extra leg room helped,

on the return leg, the in flight was through personnel mobile device,
really ,,, assume all your customers have device sand head sets charged and ready to go,,,,,,good move,,,

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,103)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As someone who historically flys with the other Australian airline (you know who I mean, “still call Australia home ...”) I was pleasantly surprised with my flight between Brisbane and Hobart. It was a direct flight (excellent, no shuffling between gates in Sydney or Melbourne), seats were comfortable with enough room to stretch our alittle. Staff were polite and attentive. Would do it again no worries! Just remember you need the app on your phone or tablet to access the inflight entertainment... which is also good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Virgin flight from Brisbane to Perth and return was on time in both cases. Staff friendly and helpful. Seats comfortable. The only problem is the food. It is awful. It comes in a very small brown box, obviously made for easy trolley service to the seats, but is tasteless. For breakfast on the way I was given a chipolata sausage on a bed of spinach with a tasteless egg. The bread roll was the best part. Coming home I had some sort of lamb stew with rice and a very dry tasteless cake. At least I had a few pieces of lamb bites in my box whereas the man sitting beside me had one little piece of lamb with his tasteless rice. He didn’t eat it nor the cake.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a short 1.5 hrs flight, but took as long to check in luggage, first printing the tags, and then waiting in line to actually drop the luggage with the agent. Seats are the average economy and most likely after 2 hours will start be Painfully uncomfortable. But ok for a short flight. Healthy snack and water were offered, which is a nice touch. Contrary to US , Security in Australia does not care about water in carry on and shoes and jackets may stay on. Ipad does not need to be removed from backpack. Go figure.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On Virgin Australia VA520 there was only water in a small cup and when I asked for a Coke No Sugar I was asked to pay $3 for the smallest size can, which I declined.
The seat was smaller than Qantas and I feel that Richard Branson would be ashamed that something that uses the Virgin name treats it passengers in this exploitative way.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom