“terrific flight”
Review of Virgin Australia

Reviewed 26 March 2017

flew from Melbourne to Sydney for an interconnecting flight to Los angeles. The staff were great at Melbourne and Sydney airport, smooth transition on the bus to the international departure at Sydney. thanks virgin.
Boarded the flight on time, with smiling flight attendants. Flight wasn't full so was able to get my own row ( bonus) food was average, typical plane food free soft drinks and fruit and bags of chips which was really good when we were up in the air. i like how i could get up and help myself to the area where they kept the snacks. the flight attendants were outstanding always helpful and very accommodating. ? entertainment was good, a variety of choices .My return flight on VA2 was the best, the flight attendants were cracking jokes and actually taking the time out to talk to passengers and comforting them. i would definitely recommend virgin Australia if your flying to los angeles, thankyou for a fast and comfortable flight

Date of travel: February 2017
1  Thank 992arianag
Write a ReviewReviews (8,222)

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Due to a poor experience flying out of Hobart on part of an international itinerary, the MEL lounge staff upgraded us to Business class on our return domestic leg. The cabin was half empty and we received great service. The cheese tart was yummy and they had Lindt chocolate for dessert. The seats are comfy and I used the Samsung Galaxy to watch a movie.

The only odd thing was the wines on offer - 2 different chardonnays... The flight attendant was kind enough to get me a Sav Blanc from Economy.

The VA Business class product and service is much better than Qantas - they deserve to be full upfront.

Thanks Virgin for the upgrade - you are forgiven!

Reviewed 26 March 2017

I am a Velocity Gold, soon to be Platinum Member of Virgins Velocity, I cannot fault them, whether I'm Flying Brisbane to LAX or Sunny Coast to Sydney, I am always happy and genuinely love the service I receive, I constantly hear friends talking about how horrible their flights with other airlines are and I cannot relate, all I can do is ask why they didnt fly Virgin ha.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I always fly virgin domestically when I can. They service the areas I go to. Always love the cabin crew. The interior of the planes that service sydney to hervey bay are getting a bit tired ... nevertheless, will travel again and again as find the on line booking to online check in very easy. Baggage drop off crew always helpful

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Arrived at the small Hamilton Island Airport with nearly two hours before boarding- hotel arranged all the transfers and we expected to have plenty of time.

On arrival we found the VA check in queue was already out of the terminal building - after returning some time we managed to get into the building. There were on,y two check in desks _amazingly wpone of the staff then left her desk and disappeared leaving just one desk.

Yes I know that a cyclone warning had been issued that morning and people were trying to get off the island - but this had been well trailed in the media and you have to wonder why Virgin did not react with staffing quicker.

They only just managed to clear the check in queue by the departure time

The company need to get a grip