“BEWARE!! THIS AIRLINE IS NOT GOOD!!”
Review of WOW air

Reviewed 3 May 2018

In February, I searched for flights on Expedia from Paris to LAX for August 2018. A flight on WOW Air, which I had never heard of, looked like a good price of $999 for two seats, so I made a reservation around 3;30pm with the understanding that I would have up til 11:59pm the next day to cancel without penalty... since that is common Expedia policy. The next day, my travel agent found a more convenient flight for us, so I went on Expedia to cancel... but I couldn't. I called Expedia and they said that I had to call WOW to cancel. I thought that was odd, but I called around 5pm. Apparently, WOW is in Iceland. I was on hold for over 30 minutes. When someone answered, I was put on hold and was disconnected. I called back, was on hold another 30 minutes, and when someone answered, they said that 24 hours had passed and I couldn't cancel without penalty. If I did cancel, the only refund I would get would be the taxes. I called Expedia and they said they couldn't do anything about it, and they understood my frustration and recommended that I dispute the charge with my credit card company. I did that and they ended up siding with WOW. I called WOW and they said there was nothing they could do. So I asked... 'can I sell the tickets?'... 'can I use the value for another flight in the next 12 months like other airlines do?' They said 'no'. So, the moral of the story is book with airlines that you know are reputable. I should have looked at their Trip Advisor reviews first.

16  Thank clubtropico
Write a ReviewReviews (7,987)

Reviewed 3 May 2018

If everything goes perfect, maybe, *maybe* you can get by on WOW. Remember that you have to pay for *everything* - water, snack, carry on bag, etc. The only thing that's included is the rest room, and that's probably because they haven't figured out how to put a credit card reader on the door.

If *anything* goes wrong at all, forget it, they will not help AT ALL. Call customer service with a problem and the answer is "Too Bad".

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
12  Thank Matt_20112
Reviewed 2 May 2018

They will charge you for each leg of the flight. Example. If you pick a paid seat and have to change planes, you will have to pay for another seat. If you buy the insurance you will have to pay the amount twice, for going and coming back.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

My flight was changef to earlier, wasn't notified, and lost the flight.

Never got my money back and I'm starting legal actions.

Not very serious company.

12  Thank e0rtner
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

The check in experience at Keflavik was very easy with lots of good representatives around to help, because it was all self serve and automated. Was surprised when printed boarding passes gave us 3 seats in the back when the initial selected were in front of the aircraft as part of the much more expensive WOWBiz we had paid for. The rep told us we had been reassigned because these were the seats with more leg room- turned out to be in the exit row so we did have lots of room to stretch out. Service on board was efficient and friendly staff. Food was bad with choice of either club sandwich, ham and cheese baguette or a bad microwave pizza-but got a free hot and cold drink - was part of the higher price we had paid. Flight left a little late but we arrived early. All in all if you are willing to travel a discount airline to Iceland from a very convenient location WOW should be on your list to look at!

1  Thank crossroadsdoc