Jackie B wrote a review Jun 2022
Somerset, United Kingdom42 contributions68 helpful votes
We were offered what seemed like a good package which included service charges, drinks package, 2x $50 discounts on shore excursions and dining package. We didn't make any trip bookings in advance as Putin started his war so no St. Petersburg. We wouldn't visit Russia now anyway.
The luxury balcony state cabin was the smallest size possible for this category, barely inches between the bed and wardrobe and just squeeze through room to get past bed to the balcony? A shelf would be a better description . The chair just fit sideways on.
Food and staff service was very good. Customer service desk not so good. Our pre paid service charge was topped with a "new customer service charge of $16 per person per day (Added after we were fully paid up on 1st April 2022. LEGAL?? or not??)
When we booked a tour for two people we only got one of our tour vouchers refunded Not both. So thereafter we went completely independent at each port and saved much more than a voucher value.

BUT departure day. We had to leave our room at 8am. and were told we had till 9.45 approx. for breakfast before our departure on included airport transfer.
If you are late for your call they tell you you LOSE it.
We were called at 8.25am??? Then NO leisurely breakfast, just an hour sat waiting in a bus!!
Our flight which THEY booked did not leave until 7pm. We had over 11 hours wait in Copenhagen airport. They could have booked a flight which left at 12 noon. which would have been OK. We tried to transfer at the airport but the flight was full. IF we had been told this information earlier about being thrown off the ship really early we would have chosen our own transfers instead.
Oh they would have offered a tour trip to take up some of the wait time at an extra charge of over $200 per person. Ha Ha Sunday nothing is open to visit or see.

The fresh air on our side became even" fresher" when on two of the final days they were emptying the waste tanks and the pervasive odour went all through the ship corridors and the upper sun decks as well! No escape unless you went back ashore again!!
On finally arriving home I discovered they had requested two lots of my final bill, which I had printed out on the last day. I am currently in a phone queue while I write all this to try to sort this out.
Wish me luck after 30 minutes I am 19 in the queue!!!
Sail Date: May 2022
Dining
Pools & Sundecks
Onboard Activities
Entertainment
Scroll below for other great reviews

Norwegian Getaway

7 Night Cruise to the Eastern Caribbean
Departure date
Saturday, 22/10/22
Route
Port Canaveral (Orlando), Great Stirrup Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, Puerto Plata, Port Canaveral (Orlando)
View Map

Additional decks
Deck 5 layout

Cabins

Activities & entertainment

This ship's activities will be coming soon!
  • 54
  • Filter
  • English
Brian P wrote a review Jul 2022
Seattle, Washington9 contributions16 helpful votes
NCL has obviously been cutting corners. From cancelling scheduled port stops ( and giving false information as to why), to meals comparable to a Carnival 1.98 cruise special. The staff is grossly overworked, tired, and unhappy. Even the meals at the additional charge restaurants are getting a bit “ just very standard”. Save your money, pay a little more- and sail on a better cruise line !!! Their boarding process is still a nightmare. The cruise desk also argued with us for a week over “ promised” on board credits- which they would not give- and kept blaming the Miami office. St. Thomas was one of our scheduled ports ( which they cancelled out of our cruise after you checked in to board)- they gave no explanation, then lied and said it was due to COVID ( which it was not as Royal Carribean has been allowed to enter St.Thomas the day after we were “ supposed” to. This Cruise line is not what it used to be, shame.
1 Helpful vote
Jeffrey G wrote a review Jul 2022
Las Vegas, NV5 contributions
We have family in the NYC area so this seemed like a great cruise plus we've never been to Bermuda. Bermuda was rainy until the last day which was perfect as it was never too hot. We enjoyed taking the bus all around, and the ferry, one of which is free for Norwegian passengers. While Bermuda is not cheap, it is a sfe and civilized place to visit, and the locals were very friendly. Here's what went wrong: the cruise. Our room was fine. We missed Norfolk due to bad weather. What can you do? Frustrating and leaving a bad taste through out the cruise was Norwegian's decision as we learned on the last day to have 1/4 of the staff and fully book the cruise. The proctoring service Nowegian contracted with never showed online for our COVID prescreen never showed up. We rescheduled the same day, and they never showed up for the second time. We wasted most of our day before the cruise as a result.The cruise was mobbed, and even though most of the staff were polite and courteous, problems began from the start. Norwegian asked us to schedule a check in time. Upon arrival at 10:30 we discovered a serpentine line running back and forth along the sidewalk. Once we entered, we found another line, and then another. We waiting 5 hours to board, but we spoke with other cruise passengers and some waiting 7 hours to board. An older woman collapsed in front of us as we all had to stand in line for hours and hours. There were many examples throughout of Norwegian's poor planning. For instance, we never got our free internet to work, and I think about no one did. The customer service desk were only open a few hours a day. Many of the desk hours seemed to have dialed back their availbility. Shows were booked up and inaccessible, as were the bands not icluding the duets and pino players. Some bars were closed presumably due to inclement weather, but likely also due to understaffing. The cruisers on the roll call shared their attempt to receive compensation, but all they received was a form ltter telling them that missing the Norfolk port was due to inclement weather and not their fault. They never acknowledged their inadquacies and failure.
Escape105032 wrote a review Jul 2022
3 contributions3 helpful votes
I am not sure if I would be singing Norwegian Getaway praises if we had not stayed in the Haven on the 16th deck. The staff were incredible, they immediately remembered our names, took care of all our needs and never said “no”. Unlike the pool areas that were overcrowded and very loud, the haven deck/pool areas provided plenty of space and peace and quiet. We were personally escorted on private elevators whenever there would be a line, as well as to all of the attractions, given our choice of seats before the venues were open. Embarkation and disembarkation was a breeze! No waiting or lines. We ate at 3 specialty restaurant and decided to cancel our 3 remaining reservations because the food was uneatable. The Haven restaurant was beautiful and the food was very good. I was able to adjust the meal to my liking without issue. Despite the fact that one of our ports was canceled, we really enjoyed the 3 that we visited. Staying in the Haven actually made the 3 days at sea extremely enjoyable. Every time we took a walk around the ship we found ourselves saying let’s go back to the Haven!!! It is a bit pricy but so worth it, only thing is that you will be so spoiled you will never cruise in another category!
Sean L wrote a review Jun 2022
Maghull, United Kingdom28 contributions70 helpful votes
Waited two years for our cruise due to Covid and it was well worth the wait. The ship was only half full due to people not booking. Having not been on a cruise before I did not know what to expect, he ship was something else, it was massive, once you board you cannot comprehend how it floats ! The ship was immaculately clean and polished. The resturants where all top notch food even the complimentary restaurants and the service form the waiters in the restaurants was at the same level as any five star restaurant. Our room was serviced twice a day and was immaculate every time. Everyone on the ship had a smile and was pleased to see you and could not do enough to help. A special thanks to Adrian Anobling in the Casino and Jose in Osheehans bar, who went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and could not do enough to make our holiday special. Great Ship, Great Holiday..We will be back :)
Rugbywing13 wrote a review Jun 2022
Pottstown, Pennsylvania16 contributions2 helpful votes
I booked a cruise with family and friends several months ago. We booked 4 extended balcony suite cabins, so over $2000 per person was spent on our cruise. At the time, I could have purchased flights on our own for $200 per person. Flights through NCL were buy one get one "free", and they worked out to be about the same price as on my own. Since it was the same price, we booked flights and transfers through NCL to make it "easy". We also paid extra for the flight to ensure that my 84 year old father (booked alone in a different cabin) would be on the same flight with us. Yesterday, I received an email telling me that they no longer will honor the "fly together" option and that I had 4 days to decide if I wanted to cancel my flight without penalty! I called today and was on the phone for seriously 4 hours. I tried to get an exception and allow us to keep him on our same flight. I went through several different people and ended up escalating all the way up to the corporate office. In the end, I was told that there was no way to get an exception! Since my father cannot fly alone, I had no option but to cancel our flights with ncl. Of course, flights that I can buy on my own now are considerably higher and are now $550 per person. So we are out a ton of money. I tried to get credit back but they would not budge. This is terrible customer service. I do not see how they can sell a service and then cancel it without giving me credit back so I wouldn't loose money. I think that NCL sees that they are losing money with the flight bogo promo and came up with a way to get people to cancel their flights. I will never cruise with NCL again!

Upcoming itineraries

7 Night Cruise to the Eastern Caribbean
Departure date
Saturday, 22/10/22
The map for this itinerary is not available at this time.
Itinerary
Prices are cruise only, per person, double occupancy, and are provided by our partners. Taxes, fees and port expenses are not included. Fuel supplements may apply. Availability of prices is subject to the supplier’s pricing availability.