Jun Tau wrote a review Apr 2024
Dining
Pools & Sundecks
Onboard Activities
Entertainment
Scroll below for other great reviews

Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas

Ocean View (3N)
  Ocean View (8N)

Cabins

Balcony
Cabin size: 198 - 275 sq. ft.
Connected rooms: 84

• Connoisseur Club - Spirits*
  • Chops Grille - Steakhouse*
* May require additional fees

Reviews
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.

• 83
  • Filter
  • English
Bernard C wrote a review Apr 2024
Hudson, Florida11 contributions2 helpful votes
Totally disappointed in this cruise. The port call was from 9AM until 2:30.... PM Really?? By the time we got to the beach and ate it was time to head back. Much worse than that was the food. Practically inedible !!! Pasta overcooked and falling apart. All the sauces were watery. Sliced meat was way overcooked and dry. stale bread. dried out burgers, burnt hot dogs, None of the desserts were flavorful. four types of CURRY??? All way over spiced. Menu overloaded with cheap starchy product. Powered mashed potatoes???? REALLY ON A CRUISE!!???? I serve better food to my dog!! I have been a chef for 45 years and have never tasted worse food on a cruise line. The food was camparatable to CiCi pizza buffet. (CiCi's may be better!!! as horrible as it is) NEVER AGAIN!!
SalMTravels wrote a review Apr 2024
Amsterdam, The Netherlands499 contributions219 helpful votes
RC has really fallen down in terms of maintenance and upkeep on its ships. We choose an inside stateroom for our cruise (saved the money). The shower door kept coming off, the room was worn and tired and dirty. There was an empty bottle under the bed. The food at the WindJammer Cafe was terrible. Every morning for breakfast tried the pancakes and waffles, they were cold. Chicken was rubber, and just overall terrible. Dinner in main dining room was terrible, rubber chicken, overcooked fish, etc. Drinks were watered down though we had the deluxe drink package. No place on ship to find a quiet place to chat with friends and meet people. Staff was rushed, busy, and not as friendly as other cruises in the past. Ship was worn, it's old yes, but just worn out. Seemed the staff was worn out, the food left over, etc. Was a waste of time and money as far as we were concerned.
Melissa H wrote a review Apr 2024
Hinton, Canada9 contributions
We had so much fun! This is our third cruise with Royal Caribbean. The service was top notch, as always the staff are lovely! Our service in the main dining room and at specialty restaurants was amazing. I was extremely surprised how good the food was as we travelled the year prior on Liberty of the Seas and the food was okay, but not great. Our stateroom a little dated, but very clean and the bed was comfortable. Our kids had so much fun, and I loved that the staff treated our 9 year old daughter like she was a princess. We had so much fun we booked again for 2025 in the Grandeur of the Seas. Coco Cay is our favorite spot! I loved we could eat and drink with our cruise package. The only critique is the sea days are busy, pool area, waterslides is crazy busy, our kids would wait 15 to 20 minutes to go down the waterslides, and the windjammer was so busy it was hard to find a table. We found eating in the main dining room for breakfast and lunch during sea days was the way to go.
Jun Tau wrote a review Apr 2024
New York City, New York12 contributions
Overall, good ship, lots to do for family. Don't select My Time Dining if you have small children, its later seating. Waitstaff was hospitable/attentive as expected. Greeter at Windjammer buffet was singing washy, washy, yummy yummy entertaining passenger daily. Food probably never go back like it was mid to late 2000s. Fortunately, shows do not require reservations. Heard last year some ships had policy no reservations, no entrance. Lot of sign up activities go quick so decide early and reserve. Sea pass wasnt working on some games in arcade. The Adventure Ocean (kids drop off) was very convenient. There were diamond studs that were raffled along with $1k shopping spree and Bingo prizes $600 +. Room was dated, ther were some paint/minor damage around the hinges, vents, missing screws, clothes line in shower broken so there were magnetic hooks to hang clothes in shower to dry or steam. No irons allowed/provided. Hair dryer was missing, Steward who was also hospitable checked draw & determined that the plug was damaged, but able to use plug on vanity. There were tel & data plugs, no USB or outlets next to night stands. In room speaker was very low, volume knob wasn't working right. Cafe Promenade was great for pizza, snacks, pool side had the soft yogurt cone. Only issue I had was wanted to get soda package for my son but was advised everyone in cabin needed to buy it. So eventhough wife and I don't drink soda, we would of had to buy 3 packages. Ridiculous!
Collette E wrote a review Apr 2024
1 contribution
If I could give my experience with Royal Caribbean 0 stars I would. I would like to share what I experienced and went through in hopes that I can save someone from trauma and raise awareness for the horrible actions that went on. I also would like to raise awareness for mental health disorders. Because of a mental disorder, I was confined into a room with everything I had, including my prescription medication taken away from me. I had 0 rights. Ship doctor was one of the most heartless and disrespectful human beings. Prisoners get more hours of sunlight that I was allowed. All employees gave different responses and it was clear there was lack of communication. Every action done by staffing was traumatic and contradictory of what should have been done. I will be writing my story to raise awareness of this issue. Please if you have a mental disorder DO NOT GO! If you would like more information or to discuss please email me at: collettec25@gmail.com

Upcoming itineraries

5 Night Cruise to the Western Caribbean
Departure date
Saturday, 24/01/26
The map for this itinerary is not available at this time.
Itinerary
Prices are cruise only, per person, double occupancy, and are provided by our partners. Taxes, fees and port expenses are not included. Fuel supplements may apply. Availability of prices is subject to the supplier’s pricing availability.