Navigate528247 wrote a review Feb 2020
10 contributions4 helpful votes
I tried to complete my survey directly to Royal Carribean but the survey link went invalid after 7 days.
Hopefully our great waiters will receive our feedback. We sat at table number 764. Manov, Gaocheng and Edward took great care of us. We had 15 people, including 7 kids. They were on the ball with drinks, food refills and helping with the kids. Manov explained the dishes each night and made sure we always had plenty to eat. The warm chocolate brownie was the best dessert ever!!!
This ship has been upgraded in some areas but it does show it's age (I believe it will be upgraded in the next year or so): older carpet and decor in the hallways, small amount of mold by the solarium hot tubs, gym equipment needs updating, dining room chairs, etc. These are all very minor things.

Our corner room was awesome!! I almost hesitate to post it here, so they'll be available for my future bookings but the corner balcony rooms are definitely bigger.The room darkening curtains are awesome. We thoroughly enjoyed sleeping in on our sailing days.

I would say the photo package is a waste of money. We got quite a few pictures but none of them were that great. My daughter can take just as nice pictures with an iphone.

Overall the cruise was great. Staff members were friendly and helpful. The food and drinks were good. There were plenty of activities. We did the flo rider, rock climbing, bingo, scavenger hunt, the parade, watched the belly flop contest. Ship was clean. Crew members were diligent in helping prevent diseases and illness by promoting hand hygiene and wiping railings and surfaces. The last day was extremely windy so the upper deck and activities were closed. A little annoying but understand safety is most important.

One other minor annoyance was our swimsuits were bleached out in the hot tub. I tried calling Royal Caribbean once I got home but was told nothing could be done since I didn't report it when I was on the ship. (There are frequently long lines at customer service and I didn't feel like spending my vacation time waiting in line to complain.) I posted on a Facebook group and several other people had the same problem.

Suggestions to Royal Caribbean for improvement:
-when the captain makes announcements, these are pretty much impossible to hear (no matter where you are on the ship). These announcements should be displayed digitally on tv screens in the room and common areas. They should also populate on the app so guests don't feel like they're missing something important.
-the pool decks are super slippery. I saw several people fall. I did noticed staff members constantly mopping but investing in a different type of pool deck flooring could save several injuries.
-if you get into port late on the last day, make sure people have food and beverage options still available. It felt like being a caged animal when we were stuck on the ship several hours later than our scheduled departure. (especially difficult with tired and hungry children).
-bring back fireworks and the midnight buffet/ice sculptures
-we purchased arcade credits for the kids. These should just come pre-loaded on their seapass cards. It was a hassle to get them loaded and a waste of time.
- add another ice cream machine and put them at the ends of the boat. The area near the one in the middle gets too congested.
- we loved the crew scavenger hunt. You could print this on a map so the kids can see where the countries are as they are collecting signatures.
- change the dinner music- a person can only handle so much R.Kelly. Even classical music would be better than that.
-lemonade and tea should be offered everywhere
-all of the drinking fountains say no bottle filling on them. Add stations so people can fill their own water bottles and reduce waste/dishes.
-the Irish bar ran out of the beer to make black n tans. How does this happen?
-adding stairs for guest to use at the end of the hallways may help clear elevator congestion. There always seemed to be a wait at the elevators.
Sail Date: January 2020
Dining
Pools & Sundecks
Onboard Activities
Entertainment
Scroll below for other great reviews

Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas

• Deck 7
Additional decks
Deck 2 layout
Cabins
  Ocean View Accessible (3N)
  Interior (6V)
  Spacious Interior (1R)
  Interior (3V)
  Interior (1V)
  Interior (2V)
  Ultra Spacious Ocean View (1K)
  Ocean View (8N)

Platinum Theatre
Conference Center

Cabins

Balcony
Cabin size: 184 - 199 sq. ft.
Connected rooms: 162

• Filter
  • English
The Traveling Shunpikers wrote a review Jul 2022
Oklahoma231 contributions75 helpful votes
We were so excited to sail Liberty of the Seas! Royal Caribbean is very different from Carnival, so depending on what line you sail more often depends on what you are used to receiving in return. Being unfamiliar with Royal's ways, we did not have a great first experience. Let's call it a lesson learned, and next time we will understand procedures and protocol. Liberty of the Seas is still beautiful even though she is aging. The wear is seen in the carpets, tiles, paint, and decor. I believe she was supposed to be refit in 2020, but covid did not allow for that refit. Still, she is aging but good. The upper-level floors allow balconies that overlook the promenade below, making everything feel open and airy. Our balcony is lovely and offers a significant (standard) balcony and a nice-sized bathroom. We loved it had a shower door instead of a curtain. It is conveniently located to mid-ship and aft elevators. My lower rating is because Liberty did not offer much in the way of food options that did not cost extra, entertainment, or pool/spa amenities. On our sailing, the main dining room was closed for breakfast and lunch and only open for dinner. The Windjammer cafe was open entirely on the first sail day, and only the right and back sides of the cafe were available every day afterward. There are options such as Chops Grille, Sabor, and Giovannis, but these are not included in the cruise fare. Sorrentos, the pizzeria included, was always packed with long lines and only open during a few set times a day. The Cafe Promenade only offers a few snacks, cookies, and finger foods from the Windjammer cafe; everything else costs extra. Lastly, Johnny Rockets. We were excited about this restaurant because we like the one in Las Vegas, but the floor was so slick we almost fell upon entry, and It was thick with an air of grease smell. The restaurant was dirty, and we decided to skip it for the rest of the cruise. One swirls machine is located on the pool deck and is only open sparingly. It is not self-serve. The dive-in movies outside in the pool area never played a single show. The pools and spas close by 7 pm and to make sure everyone stayed out of them; they threw nets over each pool and spa. The only movies played were The Lost City in the Platinum lounge and The Jungle Cruise in the On-Air lounge. The Platinum lounge is comfortable and offers a variety of seats and space, but the On-Air is small and is not for viewing movies. Another lesson learned. The Platinum Theatre's headliner shows were canceled, and they did not perform any of them during the entire cruise. Announcements clarified the crew members hurt themselves or tested positive for covid. The ice-skating show was performed once, and we missed it because We didn't know only one reservation is allowed per cruise. We pre-purchased the soda package and the three-night dining package. Guest services refunded our soda package mainly because we didn't understand how it worked. No one explained the process to us. If you purchase the soda package, you must go to any bar and ask for a mug. It is a large insulated cup w/lid. They are nice, but you must go to a bar for every refill. On our cruise, the lines were long, or the bar was closed. The pre-paid dining package was a lifesaver! We dined at all three restaurants, and they were good. Plus, it offered variety since nothing else was often open for dining. During our entire cruise, we did not know who our cruise director was and never saw them. We barely saw any workers cleaning in and around the ship. We understand a shortage of employees and sickness, but if the boat is understaffed, they should only book the number of guests the staff can handle. Since many of the venues closed while sailing, we wondered about trying to find something to entertain ourselves. Besides putt-putt, the water park/pool, and the casino (which is small), there was not much to do on this particular cruise. And since those were the only entertainment options, they were crowded and with longer than usual lines. We will sail her and Royal Caribbean again when they are back and fully staffed.
Lala L wrote a review Jul 2022
13 contributions3 helpful votes
I am going to the airport after my first cruise ever. What an experience!! First boarding was like being in a film. I purchased the refreshment drink package, if you do this take advantage. The mocktails are excellent. My room attendant Oka was top notch, took care of all of my needs and helped with any info that I needed. They clean and attend to your room twice a day. The main dining was fantastic so many great food options. Our servers for the trip were Eka and Manish. They both had delightful spirits and were wonderful with suggestions and caring for our table. My time dining let you be flexible with your dining times. Karina in the shore excursion department was so helpful and friendly and helped me change my excursion when I realized I could play and hold the monkeys on the Gumbalinda tour. So much to see and do, if you can get a balcony do it, nice to get away from the crowd and relax in your own room to sunbathe on your balcony. Made some new friends as well.
Carmen Garcia wrote a review Jul 2022
1 contribution
They do not take into consideration that COVID cases are rising again and that labs are backed up. We tested our kids 3 days prior to boarding day and unfortunately did not get the results in time, so we did not get to board. Our luggage stayed on the boat AND they are making us pay the fee to deliver our luggage to our house. We are not able to get our money back, so the least they could do is pay the shipping fee. They made over $4,000 on us and can’t even pay a lousy shipping fee. Disney cruise would of! So never again booking Royal Caribbean!!!
soonerboston wrote a review Jul 2022
New Hampshire105 contributions70 helpful votes
Okay, so thankfully we got to eat a specialty restaurants as the Main Dining Room was very lackluster, they really need to step it up. It was terrible. Thankfully we were saved by Chops Grille and Giovanni's Table. We did one dinner at Chops Grill and two lunches all were excellent. But the highlight was our dinners at Giovanni's where we ate three times. Our waiter John was outstanding, he was there when you needed him and not when you did not. Trisha and Evelyn in the kitchen, Trisha on three consecutive dining nights hit home runs with her pasta dishes, al dente, great sauces, and a surprise dinner for me of her choice. Shrimp Arribiata. Also not to miss her Linguini Con Vongole a bit of spice in every bite and also her Spaghetti Bolognese. This lady can flat out cook. Thank you again Giovanni's for excellent food. Now if you can only get people to not where tee shirts and shorts for nice dinners.
1 Helpful vote
R M wrote a review Jun 2022
11 contributions
We recently took a cruise with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines on the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston, TX. This was our second cruise with Royal Caribbean. The first was pre-covid out of Fort Lauderdale on the Oasis of the Seas and we really enjoyed it, enough to book again. Normally I do not write reviews, however based on the poor experience we had on Liberty of the Seas, I feel it is necessary to share so that others can be informed and can decide if they should choose Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines and this ship. Room-We upgraded to a balcony ocean view room, cabin 8266. It was decent size with a small bathroom and had average amenities. About what can you expect on a ship for most room types. Balcony was nice for getting some fresh air and watching the scenery go by. Where things went sideways was that we had a major issue with the toilet. The toilet leaked leaving a pool of water on the bathroom floor as well as a urine smell, pretty disgusting. For 4 days of the 7 day cruise we woke up by stepping into gross toilet water and the stench of urine each morning. It took the maintenance team 4 days to finally fix it. Once finally fixed I spoke with guest services hoping to get a partial refund for the hassle. Their initial offer was a 10% discount on a future cruise, my response “No thanks, we probably will not be cruising again.” Their alternative offer was a $100 onboard ship credit. I felt this was a very poor response for the unsanitary conditions of the room. However, there was no negotiation. I would avoid this cabin. Food-Here they fell very short of the mark as well. Food was of low/poor quality. I should have taken some pictures to show the detail. We tried the Main Dining room, the Windjammer buffet, Johnny Rockets, room service and Sorrento’s Pizza. In my opinion, the best food was found at the buffet and the pizza place. With that being said, the primary reason is that I had very low expectations for the buffet and the pizza. The opposite is true for the main dining room. They expect you to dress formal most nights and then serve you substandard food. Overcooked meats and very small portions. Although the desserts were okay. You will find much better food at Applebee’s and not have to wear slacks and a sport coat. Where they also went sideways with dining in the main dining room was hair in the food. On 2 occasions I happened to catch it before I ate it. Who knows if I sadly missed any, pretty gross. After the second hair encounter, we no longer dined in the main dining restaurant. Room service is also very underwhelming. We ordered The Royal Burger, supposedly 8 ounces of waygu beef. Patty looked smaller than the meat on a McDonalds hamburger and was so over cooked you could use it as a coaster and came with like 10 french fry’s. Maybe it is just this ship; however if you are expecting good food on your cruise I would avoid Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines especially Liberty of the Seas. Activities/Entertainment-Here the Liberty of the Seas did well. Outside, the water slides, rock wall and flowrider were fun. Plenty of bars for drinks. Only issue was that the pools were pretty small and crowded and the hot tubs closed early in the adult area. Inside, the entertainment was plentiful, good quality and enjoyable. Crew-Another highlight was the service crew, everyone was kind and helpful. Always smiling and saying hello. So overall, based the high cost of travel these days, the quality of the food and poor room experience, I would avoid Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines and the Liberty of the Seas. Spend your hard earned money where you can truly have a top notch experience.

Upcoming itineraries

7 Night Cruise to the Western Caribbean
Departure date
Sunday, 04/09/22
The map for this itinerary is not available at this time.
Itinerary
Prices are cruise only, per person, double occupancy, and are provided by our partners. Taxes, fees and port expenses are not included. Fuel supplements may apply. Availability of prices is subject to the supplier’s pricing availability.