“Never Again”
Review of Boutique Air

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight down to P’Cola from MS wasn’t too bad. The flight back to MS from P’Cola, however, was delayed by a little over an hour. We also had an issue with the pilot illegally accessing our firearm. We brought a firearm on our trip for protection while we slept at the condo we stayed at (we found out the condo owners only charge a $25 fee for keys not returned, and do not change out the locks!). We packed it unloaded in a hard case with a TSA lock on it. TSA has a special key that works with these locks. They are the only ones allowed to access firearms. However, we were told by a Pensacola airport worker for B.A. that she needed the key to the lock on the firearm because the pilot wanted to see it. We told her it’s a TSA lock and only TSA have keys for a reason. She insisted on getting the combination for the lock and had us TYPE IT IN HER PHONE. I wish we would have requested legal paperwork for this kind of request or something. In the moment, we weren’t thinking straight. The firearm was out by the plane and not where we could see what was going on. There would be no way to prove if the captain messed with the firearm. We realized we were in a situation where my husband could be arrested if the pilot tampered with it to make it look like my husband had loaded it or anything like that. And we had no way of proving that it wasn’t my husband who had done it. So when we get back to MS, they bring out all the luggage except for my husband’s bag that has the firearm. The lady says “this is all the luggage! Were you waiting on something else?” My husband told her “yeah my camo bag. I saw it on the plane, I know it’s there.” Without going to the back she immediately responds with “give us a minute on that one.” Odd. And of course we are thinking the worst. Why would she act like all the luggage was out but then say she knew about the remaining bag? Well the TSA at MS step in. We literally wait for 15-20 minutes while they do who knows what to my husband and I’s property. Then they call another TSA agent back saying “can you come look at this please?” To that agent. We are thinking “great, it’s been tampered with, and my husband is about to get cuffed.” FINALLY she brings the bag out and says “there was a misunderstanding.” I immediately told her about how the P’Cola lady had asked for us to put the code in her phone for the captain to look at the firearm and the 3 TSA agents standing around all got really wide eyed and said that shouldn’t have happened. They then told us the pilot was presented the luggage with a statement that the bag had a gun (supposedly he said he was not told the gun was in a case. But! It had gone through TSA already which means it would have had to have been in a case or else TSA wouldn’t have let it through.). PLUS If that was the real reason, why did he need the combination to the case once he saw there was one??? It was all very scary and sketch. Besides the fact that it was ABSOLUTELY illegal. If we had more physical proof of the situation, we would be taking it further than just leaving a review. The firearm could’ve been taken and we wouldn’t be able to prove it was the pilot. The pilot could’ve framed my husband and had him in jail. So many things could have happened that never should have if the BA staff ran LEGALLY and PROFESSIONALLY. We will NEVER fly with them again.

Date of travel: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (259)

Reviewed 13 August 2021

We were 30+ mins late to board/takeoff—not a huge deal to me, but not good for a first experience and trying to get a connecting bus. The pilot/attendant was polite but gave VERY quick info about emergency procedures — I couldn’t understand a word he said. The photos of the plane and motto about being like a private plane was misleading. It was VERY cramped, not very clean, broken shades, stuffy, and just overall a headache of a ride. No one really checked in/cared for passengers at all - especially the woman that requested a wheelchair beforehand and was left on the tarmac in the heat without any kind of wheelchair or assistance of ANY kind. I would’ve paid $90 at most for a ride like this, but paid $300 and expected much better service. I don’t normally complain about things like this, but it just isn’t the comfortable ride that is advertised. I would not allow people 6ft+ on these rides, and hopefully that’s stated somewhere because I’m 5 ft 5 and was cramped. Might take again for an emergency home visit, but not for the price.

Reviewed 12 August 2021

Do not fly boutique air. This airline is an unprofessional sham.

Boutique delayed this flight longer then it would take to drive. I arrived at the airport for my 10:45 boarding. The plane is 3 hours delayed and I’m stranded in Boston. I could have driven the distance in less time. The airline offered no information about the delay, they extended the delay by 30 minutes 4x so far.

Reviewed 11 August 2021

I will never fly your airlines again. The level of unprofessionalism is unbelievable. My family was scheduled to fly from Dallas, TX to Greenville, MS on August 8, 2021 at 6:40 p.m. We returned our rental car to the main terminal and called your airlines as instructed, for a ride to your terminal. Of course, no one answered. We called your Customer Service (CS), who transferred us to another number, where again, no one answered. We decided to take a cab to your terminal. We arrived at your terminal at 5:30 p.m. No one was there. We were still assuming our flight would be leaving on time. After waiting for 40 minutes, my daughter received a text from Boutique at 6:10 p.m., stating our flight was cancelled. She immediately calls CS and we are told, "no flights are available until Tuesday". We are educators and our first day of school was Monday. Boutique did not even have the decency to have someone at their counter. We literally had to beg a neighboring airline crew for a ride to the main terminal to try and rent a car to drive six hours home. We did not make it home until 3:00 a.m. And yes, we went to work and did our job!! I am sure that Boutique does not care about what happened to me or my family.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 2 August 2021

Boutique Air is an experienced commuter in the Essential Air Service market. The airline operates a dozen EAS contracts across the entire country utilizing a diverse fleet of Pilatus PC-12, Beecraft King Air 350 and Piaggio P180. I took a cross-country EAS Journey, exploring every EAS Carrier in great detail. This segment took me from Albuquerque to Dallas (DFW) on one of their 27 PC-12. The web site is very user friendly, with a simple booking tool and the opportunity to save account information (booking took a minute, seriously). There is a chat feature on their web site for any quick questions and a detailed flight status page. You can check in online 24 hours in advance and get a mobile pass, which is very convenient. Boutique even offers voucher packs of 10 tickets for frequent travelers. They even have a codeshare with United, so I was able to earn United Miles on Boutique Air flight (Boutique also partners with American for baggage transfers). Prices are sold based off seat availability, less seats means higher prices (straight up supply and demand). Since I booked closer to departure, only two seats were left and I paid the higher refundable fare. On the day of travel, I arrived from a delayed Advanced Air flight from Silver City. While I was waiting in Silver City, I received text notifications and email from Boutique informing me of a three hour delay due to maintenance. While I was relieved about not missing my connection, I knew this would result in a long wait. After I arrived into Albuquerque, the gate (outside of security) was located right next to Advanced. This makes for very convenient and simple travel to/from Carlsbad. I checked in my bag and was offered a variety of snacks/drinks (similar to Advanced during their delay). The delay was pushed back another 30 minutes due to en route weather (large cluster of thunderstorms across New Mexico). Eventually the aircraft arrived and fueled up for our departure. We taxied out to the runway and had to wait as a strong, fast moving cell approached over the airport. Eventually, we departed from Albuquerque and made a giant C around New Mexico to get down to Carlsbad (close to El Paso; we could even see the city from above!). In flight, there was a variety of self-servce snacks and drinks available. There is no in flight entertainment, so I watched some downloaded movies. The in flight power was also not working, which was disappointing as I needed to charge my phone. Pilatus seats are designed by BMW and are very comfortable. The first couple rows have plenty of legroom, even with someone sitting in front of me. We eventually made a very smooth touchdown into Carlsbad and waited inside the terminal as they reloaded the aircraft and prepared for our continuation onto Dallas. Neither passengers nor CSA wore masks in Carlsbad, however, on board and at the other locations everyone was mask compliant. The Dallas flight boarded four hours behind schedule. Initially, I sat in row 3 but the first officer asked if I could sit in the last row. There seemed to be quite a bit of confusion between the two pilots for this decision but I sat in the last row regardless. After takeoff, the person in front of me kept trying to recline her seat (even after I asked nicely to stop) which pressed into my knees. The woman next to me was holding a lap child and extended her bag and knees into the aisle, so I had no where to move my legs. Im over 6' tall and this was by far one of the most uncomfortable flights in my life (definitely top 3). There needs to be more legroom if the seats are going to have recline. The back seat also had limited recline and seat padding, which added to the discomfort. It was impossible to sleep with the discomfort, and we finally landed at DFW well after midnight. Our bags were brought into the corporate terminal and I was offered a ride to an on-airport hotel with the complimentary shuttle service. Overall, I enjoyed the experience with Boutique. There was very frequent updates of our flight status, great customer service and it was fun riding in the PC-12. The biggest complaint will be the seat comfort in the last row which made an otherise uneventful flight, very unpleseant. The prices and service Boutique offers is very convenient for locals and offers a great alternative to commuters between Albuquerque and Dallas.

Date of travel: July 2021
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.