“Amazing unique experience”
Review of Sounds Air

Reviewed 10 April 2024

First time I traveled with sounds air and small plane. It was such an amazing and unique experience. I was afraid of high turbulence but pilot drove plane very smooth. I will use sounds air facility again and again.

Date of travel: April 2024
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

Reviewed 25 February 2023

Always great service and staff. Lifesaver for getting family home after recent ferry disruption. Could not have been better to deal with. Great fare options, some of which have a great cancelation policy. Highly recommend and always our first choice to get to Blenheim. Such a good kiwi company.

Date of travel: February 2023
Reviewed 19 February 2023

Sounds Air pulled through in a pinch when my ferry from Wellington to Picton had been cancelled. I'm only in New Zealand for one week so all my bookings were very tight and left no room for errors. Perhaps that was my first mistake but my second had been not to just initially book with Sounds Air! They're small but mighty and even though I wasn't able to make my bus to Kaikoura, I was able to meet a friendly Kiwi willing to take me themself. Holiday saved.

Date of travel: February 2023
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 16 February 2022

Sounds Air cancelled my evening flight from Wellington to Taupo in July of 2021, apparently due to low cloud cover in Taupo. Phoned my parents in Taupo who confirmed there was no cloud cover at all in Taupo, with clear skies over the airport even. Every other scheduled Sounds Air flight out of Wellington went ahead on time, along with every other domestic flight out of Wellington. So it obviously wasn't a weather issue in Wellington or Taupo. Only real reason I could think of as to why they cancelled the flight was because I was the only passenger booked and it wouldn't be profitable on their side. Lady at check-in counter tried to claim that this wasn't the case as their morning flights leaving Taupo were also affected, but I couldn't think of any other logical reason when there were clear skies in Taupo over the airport. Only offer made to me was a flight the next day or credit. Supposedly they couldn't even help me find accommodation for the night, not even a refund as it was a 'weather related issue.' Disappointed and will not be using their service again.

Date of travel: July 2021
1  Thank T_walker1213
Reviewed 8 September 2021

Be careful with sounds air and booking flights. I’ve had to cancel my flights because the trip we are on is being canceled. And what would you know they can only offer a credit.

Date of travel: September 2021
1  Thank slipsliden
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.