“Beware if you're the only person booked on a flight”
Review of Sounds Air

Reviewed 16 February 2022

Sounds Air cancelled my evening flight from Wellington to Taupo in July of 2021, apparently due to low cloud cover in Taupo. Phoned my parents in Taupo who confirmed there was no cloud cover at all in Taupo, with clear skies over the airport even. Every other scheduled Sounds Air flight out of Wellington went ahead on time, along with every other domestic flight out of Wellington. So it obviously wasn't a weather issue in Wellington or Taupo. Only real reason I could think of as to why they cancelled the flight was because I was the only passenger booked and it wouldn't be profitable on their side. Lady at check-in counter tried to claim that this wasn't the case as their morning flights leaving Taupo were also affected, but I couldn't think of any other logical reason when there were clear skies in Taupo over the airport. Only offer made to me was a flight the next day or credit. Supposedly they couldn't even help me find accommodation for the night, not even a refund as it was a 'weather related issue.' Disappointed and will not be using their service again.

Date of travel: July 2021
1  Thank T_walker1213

Reviewed 8 September 2021

Be careful with sounds air and booking flights. I’ve had to cancel my flights because the trip we are on is being canceled. And what would you know they can only offer a credit.

Date of travel: September 2021
1  Thank slipsliden
Reviewed 26 June 2021

very impressed with Sounds Air, I did a 1 day return flight Taupo > Wellington > Taupo. fantastic 9 seater aircraft, very smooth flight apart from the in and out of Wellington which is notoriously bumpy on ant aircraft. Could not fault the experience, the staff and crew were so helpful and professional. I will definitely be using this service again, it was absolutely brilliant.

Date of travel: June 2021
Reviewed 23 June 2021

This is flying, the price of the flight from Wanaka to Christchurch is worth it for the scenery alone. Amazing service, amazing crew. The landing was the best ever.

Date of travel: June 2021
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 9 August 2020

Very efficient, timing was good. Friendly staff, easy check-in. No frills, but a perfect way to get across the Strait. Could be hard to get in if you are elderly or not so agile. We had a smooth, quick flight. We noticed a few people had transported their animals (in cages of a designated size). Long term parking at the airport made the whole experience super easy for us! We booked online, easy process. Limited flights to choose from, not offering all services every day. We just worked our holiday around our booking. Price, not so cheap but for the convenience it was worth it!

Date of travel: August 2020
1  Thank Rebecca W
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.