“The Best Airline”
Review of Sounds Air

Reviewed 17 March 2019

I flew from Wellington (North Island) to Picton (South Island) and return during our NZ road trip whilst my husband took our large hired motorhome across on the ferry - due to my dislike of sailing. As an elderly female travelling on my own Soundsair could not have looked after me better. I caught the "Airport Flyer" shuttle bus from the bus hub at Wellington Railway Station (every 10 minutes) to the airport. There were just 4 of us travelling on a small Cessna plane and the views across the Cook Straight on the 30 minute flight were unbelievably beautiful. Picton airport is a few kilometres from Picton itself so for a small fee Soundsair provided a minibus shuttle into town where I successfully met up with my husband and the motorhome. For the return trip the minibus again provided the shuttle (a really friendly and helpful driver who will go out of his way to deliver you to your preferred drop-off). The weather was atrocious for the return trip so we actually departed from Blenheim. Nevertheless Soundsair did everything they could to be helpful. I am a regular traveller on small planes as in the UK I frequently travel from Cornwall to the Isles of Scilly. Including the shuttle, Soundsair charge less than half the amount I pay in the UK for a journey that is twice as far. Soundsair are, without doubt, the perfect small airline.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Food and Beverage

Reviewed 2 March 2019

Checkin is delightful, just give your name, Way your bags and relax. No boarding pass, no allocated seat, everyone gets a window seat
Lovely small planes. This is real flying!

Date of travel: March 2019
    • Food and Beverage
Reviewed 23 February 2019 via mobile

Fabulous on time flight in 12 seater plane. Great views over the Sound. Personal service. Laid back check in.

Date of travel: February 2019
Reviewed 2 January 2019

We had a grest experinece with sounds air. Great staff and great customer experinece. I definitely would recommend them.

Date of travel: December 2018
2  Thank Dextermike
Reviewed 19 December 2018

Always awesome...great,friendly service. Terrific pilots (they have to be at times I’m sure), always punctual and reliable but casual enough that there are no dramas. Real asset to our town

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank Richard N
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.