We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Chivay to Cusco

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Chivay to Cusco

Hello,

in September me and my boyfriend will travel to Peru. Also visiting Colca Canyon from Arequipa. But instead of going back to Arequipa or travel to Puno, we would like to go from Chivay to Cusco by public transport (so we're not renting a car).

The problem is, we can't find any buslines of detailed information about if it's possible.

The only thing we've found so far is that some busses leaving from Chivay go through Pampa Cañahuas, which is said to be a crossing point where all busses to Arequipa, Puno and Cusco come by.

Does anyone know anything about this? Or does anyone have some advice on travelling from Chivay to Cusco?!

Marije

10 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,501 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Chivay to Cusco

There is nothing. You can take the very expensive 4M bus as far as Juliaca than a normal bus Juliaca Cusco.

By normal bus, you can take a local Arequipa bus as far as the main road, and change there to a Juliaca bus.Or go back to Arequipa. There are 3 or 4 daybusses Arequipa Cusco in the morning, all the rest are nightbusses

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Chivay to Cusco

Wait there a minute! I ubderstand that 4M Express has started a new service from Chivay to Cusco. Please check 4M Express site to find out.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,772 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Chivay to Cusco

They do have a Chivay-Cusco route on their website now. That must be very new.

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Chivay to Cusco

Thnx guys,

I found the 4m also. Since We wanted to leave Chivay on a thursday and 4M is only possible on wednesday or friday, I was hoping there would be an other option.

But I guess we'll just spent one more day in the canyon then!

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Chivay to Cusco

Or you can fly from Arequipa to Cusco. That is the option we chose as we didn't want to be on a bus for 10 hours.

Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from Chivay to Cusco

I am pretty sure All Ways Travel have an option of transport from Chivay to Puno, car service and a similar price to the bus.

Sorry just realised you said Cusco......and can't seem to delete my post.

Edited: 16 August 2014, 16:30
7. Re: Transport from Chivay to Cusco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 21:31

Minneapolis...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from Chivay to Cusco

Hi - Does anyone know of any buses (preferably overnight or late evening departure) from Chivay to Cuzco?

We are planning to visit Colca Canyon the day before and would want to head to Cuzco directly as against going back to Arequipa. Thanks

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
165 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from Chivay to Cusco

How much do you think it would cost to hire a taxi driver from Chivay to Cusco? We are 4 persons wondering if the price is similar to the 65$ it cost per person to go by 4M bus

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport from Chivay to Cusco

Is still 4M express the only option to get from Chivay (/Colca Canion) to Cuzco directly? I read a lot that there are amazing views, but still - each day in Peru is precious, so it's better to get an overnight ride. Does someone have any idea?

Reply to: Transport from Chivay to Cusco
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chivay