We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local buses from Chivay to Cabanaconde in the afternoon

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Local buses from Chivay to Cabanaconde in the afternoon

We arrive from Cusco by 4M bus around 4pm. We want to connect with a local bus to Cabanaconde (or take a minivan if there is no bus). Our hotel at Colca Canyon wants us to pay USD80 for them to pick us up from Chivay - this is ridiculous, so we would like to know what our other options are (bus departure times, prices, and if the driver will stop along the way to let us out near our hotel, located about 6km before Cabanaconde.

6 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
178 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local buses from Chivay to Cabanaconde in the afternoon

Hello, Look at website of Homestay Pachamama. They provide local bus timetable from Chivay to Cabanaconde.

Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
5,166 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local buses from Chivay to Cabanaconde in the afternoon

According to the schedule below Milagros has a bus from Chivay to Cabanaconde around 5 pm. Just ask them to drop you off near your hotel:

pachamamahome.com/…horariodebus

If for some reason there is no bus stay overnight in Chivay and take a bus early the next morning.

chicago
Level Contributor
260 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local buses from Chivay to Cabanaconde in the afternoon

I did that, I came with 4M from Cusco, they took us to the bus station in Chivay, there was Milagros bus at 5pm and another bus at 4.30 pm that we took. It was a very crowded local bus, all different companies sell tickets at the station and have their destinations and times posted. The bus stops frequently letting people on and off, so if you know where you want to get off, it will stop.

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local buses from Chivay to Cabanaconde in the afternoon

Thank you for the feedback. Just wondering - was luggage a problem if the local bus is very crowded? Also, it will be dark by the time we reach Cabanaconde, where we now plan to stay that night at Homestay Pachamama. Any idea how far that hotel is from the bus station in Cabanaconde?

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local buses from Chivay to Cabanaconde in the afternoon

Thanks - useful tip!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
178 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Local buses from Chivay to Cabanaconde in the afternoon

Hello, I will stay in Homestay Pachamama too. I look at the google map and google indicates five minutes walking from Plaza de Armas to the hotel.

Reply to: Local buses from Chivay to Cabanaconde in the afternoon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chivay