We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

single female in cuba

montreal
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
single female in cuba

hi,

Im a 30's single female and Im thinking about a trip in cuba.

Would it be safer for me to go in a place like cayo largo (playa blanco is really tempting) or somewhere else ? (already went to varadero and trinidad with an ex)

Im not a huge night life fan,so I dont mind if its quiet.But I dont want to be on the beach during 7 days straight.

thanks

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,830 posts
1. Re: single female in cuba

Any place you will go will be safe, don't worry about it.

If you want to be close to towns and things you can visit, then the Cayos are not for you. To see something else than the beahc, you will need to take an excursion. Trinidad and Varadero are the 2 places where the resorts are closest to town. An other option could be the Brisas or the Club Amigo in Guardalavaca or any hotel in Santa Lucia since they are in the village, but both Guardalavaca and Santa Lucia are small villages, nothing like Trinidad.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,741 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: single female in cuba

With the usual common sense and street smarts there's nowhere in Cuba that's unsafe. (Since you've travelled to Cuba before, visiting Varadero and Trinidad, this should be self evident, no?...)

Cheers,

Terry

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: single female in cuba

I am a 30 year old female who just returned from a solo trip to Varadero/Havana on Sunday morning. I felt incredibly safe at all times. Even wandering around Havana alone during the day. Use your common sense, same as you would here and I can't see there being any issues. :)

I can't wait to go back, but next time I want more time in Havana!

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,364 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: single female in cuba

If you don't want to be on the beach for 7 days straight, then Cayo Largo is definitely not the right place for you!

I'd suggest Holguin. If you can afford the Paradisus Rio de Oro, don't hesitate to book it, it would be a very special treat indeed! My other suggestion would be the Sol Rio de Luna y Mares, which shares a gorgeous beach (Playa Esmeralda) with the Rio de Oro - nicest beach in the area, in my humble opinion! If an oceanview room is a must for you, the Luna Mares would be perfect.

montreal
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: single female in cuba

Thanks for your advice ,its a good help!

6. Re: single female in cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2011, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Largo
Recent Conversations