We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sai Nai Floating Market

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Sai Nai Floating Market

Has anyone been to or would recommend Sai Nai Floating Market? If so, any recommendations on how to get there and if a guide is needed?

1 reply
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
1. Re: Sai Nai Floating Market

Its called Sai Noi. You'll need some help in getting there as its a fair way out in the province, about 10km or so from the Outer Ring Road (Kanchanapisek Road) and only open on Sundays in a small country town. I've been a couple of times and enjoy it a lot, but only part of the market is on the water on pontoons, and boats. There's lots of atmosphere plus a fascinating temple, and I've never seen any other westerners there. Some guides may not know it.

This from the Floating Market FAQS:

Sai Nai Floating Market is one of two floating markets in Nonthaburi province just to the north of Bangkok. It's located at Sai Yai Temple in the very small country town of Sai Noi. I'ts busy, noisy and fun with not a western face in sight. Boats and floating stalls in the canal next to the temple sell locally produced food and other goods while a biggish market extends through the temple grounds selling cheap food, clothes and other daily needs. I'ts well worth the effort of getting there. Sai Noi is accessible from the Outer Ring Road (Kanchanapisek Road) from where it's signposted. You'd need to arrange your own transport, such as a taxi, or use a guide, to get there. Travelling time from the center of Bangkok would be about 1 hour 20 minutes or less.

Reply to: Sai Nai Floating Market
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nonthaburi