We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Accommodations in Bluff

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
11 helpful votes
Budget Accommodations in Bluff
Save

Hi,

We are doing the Shark Cage diving with Southern Aqua Adventures in early December. It's our splurge of our trip to New Zealand! We are staying in hostels throughout our trip, but couldn't find any for Bluff. It seems like the Bluff Lodge and the Oystercatcher's Cottage has comparable prices to hostels. There are four in our party. Does anyone have any additional recommendations? Or has anyone stayed in either of these locations and could make any suggestions based on experience. I couldn't find ANY reviews of Bluff Lodge, and very few on Oystercatchers (although mostly good). Any suggestions or reviews are welcome! Thanks so much for your help!

4 replies to this topic
Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,726 posts
340 reviews
328 helpful votes
1. Re: Budget Accommodations in Bluff
Save

Hi

I can recommend 'Bluff camping ground'. We stayed there a couple of weeks ago. We didn't know it was there but were pleasantly surprised.

I have asked trip advisor to add this to bluff accommodation so I can review it, however this takes a while for them to 'officially' add it. By the time I return home it should be ready for review.

The park itself is spotlessly clean, free washing machine, (no clothes dryer) a large well equipped kitchen, clean amenities block and some onsite accommodation. Everything is rather new.

You can see photos and more information at this link. There is also a picture of the price list.

http://motorcamps.com/content/camp/bluff-camping-ground

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
533 posts
3 reviews
6 helpful votes
2. Re: Budget Accommodations in Bluff
Save

Some other reviews on Bluff Camping Ground

http://www.rankers.co.nz/experiences/2738-Bluff_Camping_Ground

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
11 helpful votes
3. Re: Budget Accommodations in Bluff
Save

Thanks so much! Definately looks good. Do either of you by any chance have an e-mail address for them to make reservations for the cabins? I saw their Tel on one of the pages, but due to time zone differences and the fact that I haven't bought an international calling yard yet, email has been ideal! If not, still thanks for the recommendations!

Nelson, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
33,812 posts
87 reviews
104 helpful votes
4. Re: Budget Accommodations in Bluff
Save

They don't seem to have an email adress or website. The camp is owned by the Invercargill City Council.

Early Dec it is unlikely to be busy - just turn up and take pot luck or phone once you are in the country.

Happy travels :)

Reply to: Budget Accommodations in Bluff
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bluff
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.