We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fie allo sciliar

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
123 reviews
62 helpful votes
Fie allo sciliar
Save

We are a family with children (10 and 12) on driving tour around Italy in late Sept / Oct. After spending 5 nights on Venice we plan to spend 4 nights in mountains. Around Balzano looks good to me but trying to decide if we stay in Balzano and drive out to sights in day and back in for night life. Or do we stay in a village like Fei allo Sciliar so we can enjoy scenery and village and drive into Balzano if want to for evening. Also looking at accom lodge "Haus Santner" in Fei but has no reviews. Anyone with advice welcome.

4 replies to this topic
Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
955 posts
5 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: Fie allo sciliar
Save

Hello,

what sort of night life would you be looking for? Fie is a nice little village and good as a base for walking and sight seeing in the mountains.

Bolzano would also be good as a base.

The drive from Bolzano to the Dolomites/Scilar area is about 45 minutes, so would be quite a long way for an evening out...

DD

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
123 reviews
62 helpful votes
2. Re: Fie allo sciliar
Save

I have a theory that maybe best to stay in centre of medium sized towns like Bolzano and travel out (if you have a car as we will) to see countryside, smaller villages and other sights during the day. Then return to accomodation in centre in afternoon to shop in markets etc, promenade with locals, eat a meal, buy gelato, sit in a bar and have a wine and watch the people go by. This is nightlife for my family. (but maybe I will step out and try a beer hall)

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
955 posts
5 reviews
15 helpful votes
3. Re: Fie allo sciliar
Save

Sounds like Bolzano might be your best bet then. It also gives you some wet weather alternatives, should you need them.

DD

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
523 reviews
309 helpful votes
4. Re: Fie allo sciliar
Save

Hi all, I lived in Bolzano for few months many years ago. It was already difficult orientering with the car because the many one way streets, the central area "reserved" for the residents and the traffic itself congested.

I've also visited Fie`, a really lovely town. If Haus Santner doesn't reply, enquire to someone else.

Find all options into

www.suedtirol.info

Reply to: Fie allo sciliar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fie allo Sciliar
Recent Conversations
US$USD
New Zealand
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.