We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acharavi Beach

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Acharavi Beach

Hi, have read the reviews and this looks lovely, but my main question is "is Acharavi for us?" We are a family of 3, my wife, me and our 9 year old. We love a nice hotel with a good pool, close to a nice sandy beach in a village with a few tavernas. Nothing too rowdy, but with enough bars and restaurants to keep us entertained for a fortnight. We've stayed in San Stefanos and Arillas before and enjoyed both.

I've read that most visitors to Acharavi are German, can anyone confirm? And if we decide it's not for us, would Roda or Sidari be better? Again, I've heard Sidari is much busier and less Greek.

All opinions are greatly received - thanks in advance.

6 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Acharavi Beach

I stayed in Roda twice at Theodores apts. It is a small village with enough to do. Nice beach a couple of tribute act places but nothing horrible. We also walk on beachfront to Acharavi for a beer . It is a pleasant place with locals drinking in the corner bar where we go. Also locals shopping in the supermarket. Personally I would choose Roda but you need to decide for yourselves. I don't like Sidari at all so can't comment if you would like it.

Mestre, Italy
Level Contributor
12,240 posts
97 reviews
2. Re: Acharavi Beach

There is nothing "greek" in Acharavi too. I don't like the beach type of the area. Yes it's sandy, but the water is turbid, no great color.

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
119 reviews
3. Re: Acharavi Beach

I can't agree that there is 'nothing Greek' in Acharavi, and the beach is far from being sandy.

Steve

Mestre, Italy
Level Contributor
12,240 posts
97 reviews
4. Re: Acharavi Beach

Sorry I messed up. I was talking about another place. Again, sorry.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Acharavi Beach

The whole place is really nice. However the beach is Not Sandy.There is sand after the initial 10 meters of shingle. It is not comfortable to walk over and digs into your feet. When you pass that bit is all soft sand You can walk out about 200meters and the water is not up to your waste so it is really safe for your kids. The resort is not all German but pretty multicultural, the restaurants are good and there is plenty shops and 2 good supermarkets. Try Matoula Appartments lovely people and only 150 meters from beach. “Problem just now” There seems to be a problem with Garbage right now. Bins are full and there is piles of rubbish piled up beside them. Lay bys are full of rubbish too and if something is not done. Rats will appear. Corfu is brilliant but they must address this problem!!!!!!!

Shrewsbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canary Islands
Level Contributor
7,193 posts
671 reviews
6. Re: Acharavi Beach

You could also consider Arillas or San Stephanos ( north west). Both meet your criteria. I think Sidari would be too busy and commercial for you.

Reply to: Acharavi Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Acharavi
Recent Conversations