We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

acharavi...maybe

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
70 reviews
acharavi...maybe

Last year we had a week in Roda and a week in Kassiopi we loved them both however, we had such a lovely time in Roda we are hoping to go back.

We are thniking a week in Roda and a week in Acharavi.

We have never been to Acharavi so was hoping for some advice.... is the resort similar to Roda in terms of whats on offer bars restaurants etc. is it a busier or quieter place as we wouldnt want it any quieter.

thanks in advance...any advice would be great. also recommendations of places to stay.

11 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: acharavi...maybe

I love Roda too it is a resort that if it comes up on offer you would go back. We went 2 years running. Not keen on Kassiopi now but liked it 20+ years ago.I like Acharavi we walk there along seafront past Coral hotel. I think of it as more of a little town than a resort but I know people do stay there. I personaly wouldn't do 2 centre holiday as it is very close you can get there in about 8 minutes on bus. from Roda. Why not have a look at Messongi on the east coast further down from Corfu town but not that far on the bus. The resort of Moraitka is next door so you have 2 resorts within walking distance but in my opinion different. Hope this helps. Anything else just ask .

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
119 reviews
2. Re: acharavi...maybe

Acharavi is an all-year sort of place - it is a little quieter than Roda in the summer, but busier in the winter. Local people gravitate towards Acharavi in the winter, but they are all busy working during the summer months. I think there is lots going on in Acharavi, but it is of a different nature to what you will find in Roda.

Steve

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
70 reviews
3. Re: acharavi...maybe

Thanks to Pamela r and julie_mcpro

I will take a look at Messongi, we want a resort that has varied nightlife as Roda has to offer without being too quiet.

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
119 reviews
4. Re: acharavi...maybe

I like Messonghi, but it is much smaller and quieter than Roda.

Steve

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,834 posts
167 reviews
5. Re: acharavi...maybe

Maybe try looking at Sidari for your second week,as it does have more nightlife than Roda if that's what you are after,also a lovely sandy beach too...

Wendy

Edited: 25 February 2018, 11:18
Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
55 reviews
6. Re: acharavi...maybe

I agree, the Canal D'Amour area of Sidari is beautiful. Lovely sandy coves, plenty of tavernas, the scenery is beautiful.

Sidari has a large sandy beach & lots of good tavernas. Something for everyone.

We use the local bus to visit other resorts along the north & west coast.

Enjoy! Xx

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
55 reviews
7. Re: acharavi...maybe

I agree, the Canal D'Amour area of Sidari is beautiful. Lovely sandy coves, plenty of tavernas, the scenery is beautiful.

Sidari has a large sandy beach & lots of good tavernas. Something for everyone.

We use the local bus to visit other resorts along the north & west coast.

Enjoy! Xx

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
70 reviews
8. Re: acharavi...maybe

Thank you, we had stayed in Sidari 4 years running and really enjoyed it, last year fancied a change Roda was recommended and we loved it, we had holidayed in Kassiopi 25 years previous so did a week back to back.

We were thinking a week in Roda and a week somewhere else on the island, we may end up going back to Sidari if we cannot chose.

Unless tripadvisors can recommend x

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: acharavi...maybe

Just got back from Acharavi. It is an all year round village. Not like Roda, or Sidari for bars and nightlife. More café life and a little more cosmopolitan and Greek. I think Kassiopi is in-between. All worth visiting though. Have a good time

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
10. Re: acharavi...maybe

Acharavi is a little past its prime, but is better for it. It feels more like a real town than a tourist spot. It is quiet, you don't get hassled and the locals were delightful to a man. The beach is a bit pebbly, but only minutes down the road is a very gently shelving sandy beach, further along there are stunning little coves. Sidari and Kassiopi were much busier, but i preferred Achavari. It is extremely well positioned and makes a great base to explore North Corfu from.

Reply to: acharavi...maybe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Acharavi
Recent Conversations