We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Divide to Milford Sound

Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
30 helpful votes
The Divide to Milford Sound
Save

Hey there

My wife and I are planning our NZ trip for 2024 and need some help with the Routeburn Track...

We are planning on hiking from the Routeburn Shelter to The Divide. From there we would like to do a day trip to the Milford Sound. Does anyone know of bus companies or taxis that would pick us up at The Divide and drop us off at the Milford Sound?

Many thanks.

1 reply
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Christchurch, South Island, Akaroa
Level Contributor
51,244 posts
577 reviews
231 helpful votes
1. Re: The Divide to Milford Sound
Save

I assume you have booked the Routburn huts? Is your 2nd night at Lake McKenzie? You are looking at around 5 hr walking to The Divide which makes it difficult as most of the buses pass through The Divide before 11:30 am. When I did it, we were able to stay our 3rd night at Howden Hut & it was an easy walk out to catch the bus to Milford Sound.

Reply to: The Divide to Milford Sound
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fiordland National Park
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.