We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions

Cork, Ireland
6 posts
Excursions

Hi, I'm travelling with three kids in July. We get bored of beach/pool. I'm wondering if there are any tour companies doing excursions from Pefkos? Is there much to do and see if you don't have a car?

6 replies to this topic
Cork, Ireland
6 posts
1. Re: Excursions

Also one other question. Is Pefkos well served by buses? Are trips to Rhodes town easily sorted?

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
33,279 posts
100 reviews
143 helpful votes
2. Re: Excursions

You can get the public bus from Pefkos to Rhodes Town and to Lindos.

There are tour agencies in resort offering other coach trips such as butterfly valley etc.

there is also a glass bottom boat that runs from Pefkos main beach.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
33,279 posts
100 reviews
143 helpful votes
3. Re: Excursions

You will be able to see a lot more of the island if you hire a car.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
13 reviews
26 helpful votes
4. Re: Excursions

I'm not sure Pefkos is such a good choice if you easily get bored of beach and pool. There isn't much else to do.

However, it's on a good bus route to RT, although it will take between 1.5 and 2 hours to get there at the height of the season. Seats will be very limited so also bear that in mind.

A car is a more practical solution for island exploratiin away from the crowds.

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
695 posts
11 reviews
6 helpful votes
5. Re: Excursions

Have a look at this link;

https://getredy2go.com/

They’re based in Pefkos and do excursions as well as airport runs.

If anything interests you on the site, get in touch with Carl Moore. He’s in communication with everyone over the winter and may be able to suggest some options if you’d rather not have a car.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
9,669 posts
130 reviews
119 helpful votes
6. Re: Excursions

If easily bored I can see a 2 hour bus ride to Rhodes town losing its appeal pretty quickly.

Reply to: Excursions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.