We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunbeds

Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Sunbeds
Save

Does any one know if there will be any Sun beds

Out on the beach, by the blue waves cantina in the next 2 weeks. That’s when we come to beautiful! Pefkos.

Thanks in advance for any reply’s.

74 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
6,561 posts
13 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: Sunbeds
Save

As on any beach, you will need to get down early to grab whatever is available. There appears to be a shortage everywhere this year.

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
10 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Sunbeds
Save

Hi, apparently the auctions were held on Tuesday so might see some action soon. We’re here now and didn’t think it would bother me that much - but it has. People are booking the sunbeds the day before or getting there early. I refuse to do both.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
6,561 posts
13 reviews
26 helpful votes
3. Re: Sunbeds
Save

You'll be on the sand then, along with all the late comers. It was the same on the main beach in Lindos last week as well.

Still plenty of unused sunbeds on Pallas beach, and no wonder at the price. And you are squashed like flies. Barely room to walk through the beds, let alone move them.

Totally spoilt in my opinion. As far as I am concerned the loss of local Mayor's (centralised now in RT) is a retrograde step 😕

Edited: 23 June 2023, 04:20
Wiltshire
Level Contributor
64 posts
48 reviews
17 helpful votes
4. Re: Sunbeds
Save

How early ?. I’ve never been to Pefkos before, so this sun bed issue is a little concerning!, Are people really booking them the day before?!.

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
8,865 posts
252 reviews
154 helpful votes
5. Re: Sunbeds
Save

In some cases yes they are & booking for entire holiday..

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
56 reviews
50 helpful votes
6. Re: Sunbeds
Save

Booking sunbeds!!??

How ridiculous.

I've not long been back from Petra on Lesvos island where ALL sunbeds on the entire beach are free as long as you buy dink and or food. (which is the norm) If you don't buy anything then there is a 2.50 euro charge.

Get yourselves to Lesvos and escape all this booking sunbeds rubbish AND the cost of living is much, much cheaper.

We were looking at Pefkos/Lindos but were put off by the initial cost of the holiday, the inflated cost of food and drink and now we have sunbed booking!

Edited: 02 July 2023, 19:28
Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
20,072 posts
21 reviews
39 helpful votes
7. Re: Sunbeds
Save

And they say Rhodes is one of the most popular destinations in Greece!! Can’t help wondering how much longer for 🤔.

Sunbeds have been an issue in a few places this year. Skiathos was late with its auction too. Sunbeds were scarce or non-existent on some beaches.

It would be good to have a factual update from someone in Pefkos at the moment.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,976 posts
43 reviews
49 helpful votes
8. Re: Sunbeds
Save

Who cares about the sunbedsTT are you going back to Pefkos? Let people worry who are going there. Glad you discovered lovely Lesbos intervoice so many wonderful places in Greece search out ones people don't keep talking about. Have a look at Thassos if you haven't been and Samos if you can go from Gatwick.

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
20,072 posts
21 reviews
39 helpful votes
9. Re: Sunbeds
Save

If that’s the principle to be employed on TA Pam, they might as well close the forums down now!! 😂😂😂

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
10 reviews
5 helpful votes
10. Re: Sunbeds
Save

I have jusy come back from Pefkos, the delay in the auction was due to the Greek general election that has just taken place. Apparently, Lindos is now not not it’s own municipality and everything has been centralised to Rhodes town, another reason for the delay. Unfortunately, all of the locals who have operated the sunbeds in Pefkos (apart from those in front of their businesses) have lost their pitches to one company who have offered them employment.

Sunbeds are how up on all of Lee Beach and Plakia and the new company are charging €20 for their beds.

Edited: 03 July 2023, 02:27
Reply to: Sunbeds
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.