We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AC bus from Moalboal to Cebu city?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
AC bus from Moalboal to Cebu city?

Hi, Is there an AC bus from moalboal to Cebu city?

Thanks

17 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,275 posts
2,253 reviews
1. Re: AC bus from Moalboal to Cebu city?

When I travelled a few years ago it was quite rare - once or twice a day.

With the non airconditioned buses, everyone leaves the windows open and so one receives a rush of air when the vehicle is moving. I found this satisfactory.

Aircon can be very cold on Filipino buses, especially overnight. I kid you not. If you patronise these, bring a coat!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,739 posts
163 reviews
2. Re: AC bus from Moalboal to Cebu city?

Yellow Ceres buses run AC buses to Cebu and I believe recently the schedule has improved.

Pomeroy, Washington
Level Contributor
541 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: AC bus from Moalboal to Cebu city?

Ask the desk at your resort. The local people know the bus schedules and can tell you what time to leave from Moalboal. Catch a tricycle out to the main highway. Hang around, then flag that AC bus down.

Edited: 19 April 2016, 14:19
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: AC bus from Moalboal to Cebu city?

Hi All,

A quick update. We caught the Ceres AC bus to Cebu City bus station & it was great. The bus is bright yellow so u can't miss it & it stops @ the Ceres halt (with yellow seats) in Moalboal town. The halt is located on the main road & a few metres away from the turnoff to Panagsama Beach.

The busses pass through Moalboal every 30-45 min & the cost is 116 pesos. Seating is not guaranteed as you get on. however we managed to get seats 20 min into the journey when some passengers got off. The bus conductor manages the seating & allocates you a seat based on where people are getting off.

The journey takes approx 3 hours but take it as 3.5 hrs in the event of heavy traffic in & around Cebu City. Also if you are going from the bus station to the airport it could take between 30-45 min depending on traffic.

Happy trails 😀

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: AC bus from Moalboal to Cebu city?

Hi thanks for the reply. Caught the bus without a prob. 😀

6. Re: AC bus from Moalboal to Cebu city?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 January 2017, 13:05
Edited: 05 January 2017, 13:05

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: AC bus from Moalboal to Cebu city?

NO permanent schedule on AC buses. WIFI not working.

Believe me, I usually go to Moalboal every Sat and go back to the city every Monday. You just have to wait at the main highway for the bus. Vhire near the municipal hall, only up to 4PM in the afternoon (depende pa jud sa mood sa mga driver).

8. Re: AC bus from Moalboal to Cebu city?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 January 2017, 13:05

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
9. Re: AC bus from Moalboal to Cebu city?

Hi Georgina W,

May I ask are there any options back to Cebu from Moalboal after 5pm?

Thanks

Lille
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
10. Re: AC bus from Moalboal to Cebu city?

Hello,

What time is the first bus in the morning from Moalboal to Cebu ?

Thanks

Reply to: AC bus from Moalboal to Cebu city?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moalboal