We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving on from moalboal

Level Contributor
62 posts
8 reviews
4 helpful votes
Moving on from moalboal

Hi,

We are spending 5 days in Moalboal in February (for a diving course and Kawasan falls) and then we have a further 9 days to play with before returning to mactan airport for our flight home.

However, for the 9 days I can’t decide whether to travel east to Bohol (which looks incredible) or travel/fly west to Palawan

I understand 2 very different choices and I was wondering if I could even fit both in. My original plan was to do a loop Moalboal - Bohol - Siquijor - Palawan - Boracay but now I think that’s just too much travelling and not enough time in each place.

So what would be your opinion? Bohol or Palawan or both?

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
28,150 posts
2,460 reviews
3,341 helpful votes
1. Re: Moving on from moalboal

You could fit one place in Palawan (El Nido or Coron) and Bohol (Alona Beach) It is slightly rushed but doable.

Save time by getting direct flights to either El Nido or Coron from Cebu.

You can fast track getting from Oslob to Bohol(1.5 hours) << https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29… >>>

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
62 reviews
60 helpful votes
2. Re: Moving on from moalboal

I agree with what Tommo has said above - 1 destination in Palawan + Bohol is feasible. Or you could spend the 9 days in Palawan. Or you could visit both Bohol & Siquijor.

If you want to continue diving I would think about just spending your remaining time in the Visayas, as you can travel around there without flying. You could dive at very highly regarded dive sites in Dauin & Apo Island (Negros/Dumagutte), and Balicasag (Bohol/Alona Beach)

Reply to: Moving on from moalboal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moalboal