We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation & itinerary help please

Level Contributor
220 posts
46 reviews
Hotel recommendation & itinerary help please

Hello,

I booked a week in October & it now makes me miserable all the things we will have to miss.

Anyway, the rough itinerary so far is:

- 20Oct @ 1:30 pm land from Tokyo. Go straight to Bohol, spend 3 nights there. No clue yet how to spend the next three days.

23rd Oct- Transfer from Bohol to Moalboal. Spend next 4 nights. I have a fairly good idea what we want to do (whale-sharks, a dive or two with sardines, Kawasan falls canoeing) but have no idea about the logistics of the places.

27th Oct- Return from Moalboal to Mactan for 2:45pm flight.

A few q’s please:

a) Is is a good idea to transfer to a hotel in Oslob for 26th night, do whale sharks early morning on 27th & then go straight to the airport? It saves us a day, right? If we do that, we can probably spend an extra night in Bohol (doing what?). Or is it better logistically to combine Oslob with some other activity like Kawasan falls for a full day trip?

b) recommendations on what to do in Bohol in three days.

c) Hotel recommendations? Ideally we would be looking at less than 100$ a night.

d) Transfer tips between Bohol to Moalboal. Ferry time etc. How to best utilise te day (again from a logistics standpoint).

e) Is it a good idea to keep a rental car or not needed?

f) Any other tips.

I am traveling with young kids & we are outdoorsy types. We like white beaches, activities, eating out & little bit of nightlife. Ideally we would like to stay near a nice beach & restaurants etc- unless it is too much to ask for. Don’t mind staying at B&B or a Airbnb either, if you have recommendations.

Sorry for the long list- I really need to fix this before I turn nuts overanalyzing this.

5 replies to this topic
Cebu City...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
12,317 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Hotel recommendation & itinerary help please

b) recommendations on what to do in Bohol in three days.

--------------------------------------------

You will not have time to see everything in 3 days. You really need your whole 7 days just for Bohol.

As previously posted

Bohol province is more than 75 islands.

Bohol province has

- Bat tours on Cabgan Island

- Multiple white sand beaches from fairly developed with many bars and restaurants to mostly deserted

- Diving/snorkelling

- Island hopping the islands nearby to Panglao Island

- Day trips to Oslob in Southern Cebu from Alona Beach to swim with whale sharks with no diving or snorkelling experience necessary

- sea kayaking

- mini rice terraces

- the Chocolate Hills

- ATV tours

- whale and dolphin watching

- tarsier sanctuaries. Tarsiers are the smallest primate in the world. They have our eyes in a tiny body the size of a fist.

- butterfly sanctuaries. They will show the life cycle of the butterfly then take you into a cage with butterflies. They also have large glass screens with butterflies on them .They will try and take pictures in front of the screens making it appear you have wings.

- wild life sanctuaries with monkeys and sanctuaries with pythons you can sit with and have your photo taken

- fire fly tours

- jungle adventure tours

- zip lining/flying fox

- historical sites dating back to 1565 including St.Joseph the Worker Cathedral in Tagbilaran City, Blood Compact, the Baclayon Church and museum and the church ruins in Loboc

- multiple waterfalls where you can go swimming.

- multiple caves including swimming underground in a small lake in the Hinagdanan cave on Panglao Island

- lunch tours on the Loboc river. I had previously been on 8 countryside tours of Bohol and never wanted to go on a lunch cruise until I saw this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5CQUyGJbcE

now I have been on my 9th country side tour and can definitely recommend you do a lunch tour with these people

- kayaking on the Loboc river

- hanging bamboo bridges over the Loboc river. There are 2 bridges. You cross the river on one bamboo bridge and come back on the other.

- the Bohol Bee Farm on Panglao island where you can see raffia cloth made using a traditional loom. They are also making clothes and knick knacks. You can eat a meal with edible flowers and honey. They also have home made ice cream with flavours such as Durian ice cream

- rice paddies which means there is a high chance of seeing a Carabao in action

- Shopping in Tagbilaran City. There are several large malls. BQ Mall has cinemas with the latest movies on the second to top level, a cheap food court and a fun centre for the kids.

Cebu City...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,317 posts
53 reviews
2. Re: Hotel recommendation & itinerary help please

To get from Bohol to Moalboal, my suggestion is to travel on the next available fast ferry from tagbilaran Bohol to pier 1 in Cebu City and have a private driver waiting at pier 1 to take you to Moalboal.

No I do not suggest you hire a car to drive yourself.

The only way the whale sharks will work for you on the last day is if you are in the water within about an hour of them starting then have a private driver waiting to take you away to the airport after you finish with the whale sharks.

In case it helps to fit everything in, a person on another forum posted that they did the whale sharks and kawasan falls as a single day trip from Cebu City. Trip advisor recommended driver Danny Noy charged him P3500 for the day. That is car fuel and driver only. Entrance fees, meals etc are all extra. He said it was a very long day but totally worth it.

Presumably you are looking for accommodation in USD. You should find something nice in the usd $100 price range but it is way above what I pay for accommodation. By the way, you can stay right at Kawasan falls, at the lower falls, for about P1500 per night, maybe extra with kids. That is about usd $30. Check a video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx18og6KwFY

Level Contributor
220 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: Hotel recommendation & itinerary help please

@Big_jim_61....you are an angel...but you already know that.

I can do the entire 7 days in Bohol. Let me think about it. If i understand you correctly : (a) we can do Oslob in a day trip from Bohol, (b) From Bohol to Moalboal would again be via Cebu city- a journey I presume would take 5hours door to door.

100$ was just a upper limit. I will be mire than happy to save money if the place is right. We usually spend only nights at hotels when on vacation- if I have to spend days lasting around in resorts I can do it here too! Any hotel recommendations you can give would be much appreciated.

Cebu City...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,317 posts
53 reviews
4. Re: Hotel recommendation & itinerary help please

If i understand you correctly : (a) we can do Oslob in a day trip from Bohol, (b) From Bohol to Moalboal would again be via Cebu city- a journey I presume would take 5hours door to door.

--------------------------

Correct on both accounts

Only do the trip from Alona beach to oslob in good weather.

Cebu City...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,317 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: Hotel recommendation & itinerary help please

I don;t know any one who has tried this new service now operating between Panglaio Island and Oslob.

https://apekoptravel.com/

But you could try it and give us a trip report. Disregard the P14 fare on the site. it is actually something like P700 per person.

Reply to: Hotel recommendation & itinerary help please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moalboal