We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

maolboal take a taxi/grab to argao pier(lite shipping)

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
maolboal take a taxi/grab to argao pier(lite shipping)

is there have taxi or grab can ride from moalboal (pescadores seaview suites) to argao pier in the early morning?

5 replies to this topic
Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
12,174 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: maolboal take a taxi/grab to argao pier(lite shipping)

Unless a taxi has just come from Cebu City and dropped off a passenger nearby, the only way a taxi will be available for this trip is if you pre arrange one from Cebu City to come and pick you up.

Level Contributor
1,389 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: maolboal take a taxi/grab to argao pier(lite shipping)

I think you are better off if you hire a habal-habal or motorcycle taxi from Moalboal and traverse across the mountain via Ylaya Road. Ylaya Road is well-paved and is a shorter way to the other coast. Use Google map and get an idea how your trip will be like.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,268 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: maolboal take a taxi/grab to argao pier(lite shipping)

Ask your resort in Moalboal to get you a driver to send u across to Argao...

My resort owner got me a local car driver with just a few hours notice ..

Not sure if you are used to Habal Habal (motorbike taxi) yet 😎but i use it often so quite ok with it...

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: maolboal take a taxi/grab to argao pier(lite shipping)

Looking at doing this in reverse I assume there are vans or jeepnies doing the route? Arriving from the Bohol ferry

Level Contributor
1,389 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: maolboal take a taxi/grab to argao pier(lite shipping)

@lissie45

There's no public transport yet (either jeepney or bus) that ply between the east coast town of Argao and the west coast town of Moalboal that traverse the mountain which would have been a shorter route. The only available transport that cuts through the mountain route is the motorcycle taxi which locals call habal-habal.

To get from Argao ferry wharf to Moalboal you have to take public transport on two legs: first, take a bus from Argao to Carcar. Get off from Carcar and wait by the roadside for a bus with sign board that reads BATO via BARILI. Both buses with AC and non-AC ply the route. The bus conductor will simply issue you a ticket for each ride. Ask if you can't read the ticket.

Reply to: maolboal take a taxi/grab to argao pier(lite shipping)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moalboal